Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the truck still seems to shift nice..has pretty good pick up and the speedo even seems very close...i thought the speedo would be farther off....would 4:56 be worth the $$$$$ im thinking it feels pretty good the way it is..not been off road yet..but>> what ya think?should i have truespeed sensor?? gears? will the tranny be ok the way it is?? any suggestions what would your next mod be on this truck??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey, I'll take the 4.10 out of your rear Dana 70. I've got the 3.54's in my v10 running 35's. I just bought used 4.10's for the front axle off e-bay for $40, might buy new rear's, but if you do pull your 4.10 rear, let me know, I'm looking to buy$$

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm running 4:10's with 35's. It came with 3:55's and 285's. It's now running just slighly lower ratio than it was stock with the lower gears and bigger tires. It seems to do just fine. I think you could go either way. 4:56 would be a little better but 4:10 aren't going to hurt anything. Just depends on if you want to spend the 1200. bucks for the upgrade. Personally I'd leave the 4:10 in.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
if you are going to do any towing then I'd suggest the 4.56 or better.

I have 4.11's and 36's ... which is great for gas milage and the top end is ggod for the freeway ... but towing it just barely makes it.

if you are not towing 4.10 is ok

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well I've got the 4.56 and rock the castle 8 days a week!!!! They work well while Im towing my boat, no loss of power out of the ordinary( what you would expect while towing) also the gears wont effect your speedo since the speedo reading are derrived else where.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-04-30 22:05, Rollcage wrote:
unclemark,
he will need to adjust the speedo if he changes gears.

no he wont, the 98 and up rams use a tone ring on the rear carrier. so if he has 3.55's or 4.10's it will still read the same.
his big tires threw off the speedo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts