Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright a local shop that go to on a regular basis always puts 39's on an IFS truck. i would to have some massive rubber on my truck but i kinda think that it would eat my suspension alive and just tear up my truck. i just wanted to see what other people thought

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think 39's are a little too much for IFS. I probably will never go to a 42 on my solid front axle which has significantly less pieces a is stronger than an IFS. Your real probs will be gas milage, gears, and lift laws.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what ive heard most about 39s on IFS is that the tie rod ends break all the time. there is a guy around here with 39's on his chevy ifs and the tires always look like they are about to break off whenever he turns. i just wanted to see what parts it was hard on

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 95 chevy ext cab with 39s on it and i have to replace the tierod ends every 30,000 miles and the front end has held up good and i drive it everyday it has over 200,000 miles on it and it has been lifted since 70,000 miles

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 95 chevy ext cab with 39s on it and i have to replace the tierod ends every 30,000 miles and the front end has held up good and i drive it everyday it has over 200,000 miles on it and it has been lifted since 70,000 miles

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn that thing sounds pretty bad. if you have any pics id love to see your truck cause i have a 95 ext cab too. what size lift is on there?? oh and just curious what kind of gas mileage are you getting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts