Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see tons of 1500's with 3" suspensions and 3" body lifts sporting 35x12.5x15 SSR's. I would love to get the new 37" SSR's but I am afraid I will be cutting it too close when turning. Has anyone seen this combo in action?

Thanx

96' SLT 1500 360 x-tended with 3" Skyjacker and 3" PA body lift.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That blows. Hows about 35x14.5? I realize 2 more inches of lift would make things alot easier, but here in NH we only get 30" to the bumpers, which pretty much leaves no room for bigger tires after the additional 2". Thanx for the info.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm running them on 10" rims with 6" of lift. They work fairly well but will rub if you wheel it a lot. They don't rub at all on flat ground with the wheels cut all the way.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the input Travis. I don't wheel much with it as I have a four wheeler to beat on. Are you happy with those 37s? and what kind of rims are you running?
And just to clarify before I charge the old credit card, you have a 1500 and are talking about the SSR's, right?
Sorry to sound redundant, it's just that I want to be sure before I have to pitch this to the wife.

Thanx again
Topper

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, they are 37" by 12.50" ssr radials on 10" weld rims. The combo works great. I have a 97 1500 ext. cab with a 3" susp. lift and 3" body lift. If it wasn't for lifting my truck up more next month, I'd certainly buy the 37's again. Great all around tire.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx for the help guys. This is a great hobby and I enjoy seeing what others are able to do. Hope to hear from you another time in the forum. With a few more finishing touches I should have a nice entry under the "Rides" section.

Thanx again
Topper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts