Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a truck on ebay with the Offroad package about 2" suspension lift and it apperas to have 3" body lift on top of that. He is running BFG 37's. Does that seem possible? I have heard of people running 36's on 8" rims with 3" lift. I like the looks of the truck shown here. I have measured my truck with 5" lift and it looks like it would be close.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=600551447&r=0&t=0

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add, the BFG site says that the tires should mount on at least a 8.5 inch rim i think my stock offroad rims are 8 wide...could this cause easy blowouts?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The actual O/D of the 37/12.50/17 BFG A/T is 36.3. On the Rams, you need at least 4-5" of lift to accomodate 35-36" tires.

Answer to your question: yes, it's possibe with a 3" lift on top of the Off-Road Pkg lift. But he's gotta get some kinda rubbin'!
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad-Cab SLT 4X4 SB, 5.2L V8, 5" SkyJacker Stage II Kit, 35/12.50/15 Good~Year MT/R's on 15X8 Weld Racing Sidewinder Wheels, Flowmaster Cat-Back Exhaust System, Custom Audio System.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I can't see for sure, but it looks like there isn't a body lift on it (not enough frame showing under the rockers and the t-case skid plate is too high).

I think if anything, its stock or a 3" lift and 35's.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I emailed the guy, he said it is a 3" suspension on top of the offroad factory lift..thus giving 5" lift. they are 37 BFGs. He said that there is no rubbing at all....makes me wonder. the tires say that they should be mounted on 8.5 inch rims where the stock factory rims are 8. won't this be bad? He aslo said they are the factory rims....

·
Registered
807 Posts
the offroad package only gives you an additional 1 inch over a stock ram, so its like have a 4 inch lift on a regular ram. with the backspacing of the stock wheels it may be possible to clear with no rub. but an aftermarket wheel though and youll have rubbing problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts