Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
You could probably get away with it but I would go with a 6". A friend has 33" MT/R's and 4" Rancho and it rubs pretty good off road.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
35's on a 4" lift....NO WAY. i mean ya you can probably fit em under there but when you go wheeling its gonna rub sssoooo much. i talked to a guy that just put a 6" lift on and 35's and he was gonna put on a body cause it rubbed to much off road. 33's would be the most practical thing, a 34 could probably work too but it ill be tight

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
i knew a guy with a stock '99 z71 w/ the 88-98 body style. and he was rollin on 33x11.50's. they did a little rubbing though.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
My sub was stock for a long time with the 33's and i only had minor rubbing off road. Also today i saw a 99 Z71 tahoe that had a 6" RCD lift and a 3" body lift on 40" swampers!!! now that was a huge truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got finished putting a Trailmaster 6" on a 94' K1500. I am running 35" SSRs and they run a little on the back of the front fender at full lock with no flex. Going to start the fender trimming tonight... :nono:

·
Registered
944 Posts
my buddy runs 35 with a 4 inch and a 3 inch body lift and he has no rubbing till he really gets off camber so i would say spring for the extra 3 inches or so and save a little wear on your tire

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
You'll need at least a 6" suspension lift with a body lift for a "comfort zone". I did some body damage near the rear of the front fenders when I had 35's with a 6 & 3. But if you don't plan on jumping, you might not run into any real problems. Since a body lift costs at most $100, it is a good way to prevent bent sheet metal. Just do me one favor, if you do get a body lift, lift your bumpers too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts