Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put 35s on my 86 its geared 4.88 will the tires cause any breakage i dont do hard wheeling just dirt and sand mostly

·
Registered
454 Posts
you should be fine. i ran 35's for years on ifs just dont beat on it too hard cause it wont hold up to hard wheeling.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah you should be good. I had 35" swampers on my IFS and I drove the crap out of my truck. Only thing that broke it was a dodge at 35mph...

·
Registered
74 Posts
My 33's have wore my IFS out badly. I am on my 3 idler arm, my second steering stabilizer, my second pitman arm, and second set of torsion bars. Not to mention all the ball joints that i had to replace!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I just watched my buddy blow up his front diff with 35in mud-terrains and he wasnt even beating on it that hard. And another one of my friends have blown his front diff twice and his front end cycles through all of its parts about every 6 months with 33in buckshots

·
Registered
232 Posts
On 2005-12-06 15:44, bowshtr wrote:
My 33's have wore my IFS out badly. I am on my 3 idler arm, my second steering stabilizer, my second pitman arm, and second set of torsion bars. Not to mention all the ball joints that i had to replace!

says the guy jumping his truck in his avatar :D:

but in all seriousness i wheel the piss out of mine with 33's and its starting to take its tole on it... but of course anything will have problems when u jump waterbreaks at 40mph on a daily basis...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts