Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a 89 350 in my truck right and its been acting up alot latley. it starts fine and idles great. but after its been running for a few minutes and you go to drive it, it starts to hesatate almost dies until you let off the gas, then you have to feather the throttle till your at a higher RPM. Right from cold it works fine though. and at higher RPM's it works fine to. i talked to my local NAPA guy and he said that it sounds like a bad fuel pump. is that right? i just wanna make sure before i go droping the tank and stuff to fix it. i've already done a tune up on it and fuel filter and New EGR valve. i'm lost. any help would be awesome. thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
It could be the EGR control solnoid, (right beside the EGR valve), unplug it and see if there is a difference. If runs better, you found your problem. I've had the same problem with mine. If you have to change fuel pump, it's easier to pull the bed. 8 bolts, 3 screws (filler neck), unplug wireing harness (under back by bumper) and a couple of strong friends.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can also put a fuel pressure test kit on the truck to actually see if it is the cause, instead of blowing money on a pump if you don't need one. Its an easy test to check if that is the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts