Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a set of these for my truck. I was wondering what kind of luck people have with these.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
they are not too bad. better than an A/T but not as good as an M/T. they don't self clean in the mud very good. figure 10,000 miles if you drive on pavement a lot.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
They SUCK. They suck on the pavement, as they are hard to balance, even harder to balance than my Boggers, and they suck offroad, no traction. But, if you had a tire groover, and went to work on groove the tread out into a usable pattern, then that at least would be something...But, for the money, there are better tires out there...They ACTUALLY cost more than Boggers in a comparable size do. Do yourself a favor, get some TSL radials or TSL SSR's for the pavement, they will do you a lot better than the Thornchickens ever will...TRUST ME...I have seen them in action...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Those are AWESOME tires! I have seen them in action and they are GREAT! Only problem is, they wear out fast if you just drive them on the road. But I do totally recommend them...and I have seen them in action... :wink:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Double-check with the Claws. There are radial and Bias-ply claws.

They have slightly different tread patterns, too.

I've heard nothing but good about the bias-plies, but nothing but bad about the radials. I've heard a lot of people badmouthing the claws, and it turns out they had the radials...

I've also seen the bias-plies in action. Wow... Nice tires in the goo.

Loud on the highway, and definitely a 20-25K tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts