Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 dodge ram 1500 with a 5" skyjacker class 2. Can I fit 35x16x15 boggers with 15x10 wheels with 3.75" off-set?I plan on stuffing the hell out of them and don't want excessive rubbing.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've got 35X12.50X15's on 6" of Skyjacker Spring lift and I can stuff my 35's NICELY. But going with 35X16X15's you're gonna be rubbing or damn near just sitting still I would imagine. My 12.50's are on 8" rims and I'd like to get a set of 10"'ers for it so they'll stretch out a little more. 16" on a 10" rim will make them bubble even worse than mine are. I'd stick with 35X12.50's or slightly larger if you plan on stuffing them really hard. But thats just me.

Later,

-Chris

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "beast" in the readers rides section is running the same size tires on 15x10, but he is also 3" taller.The reason I'm asking is because I already have the tires off of another rig and I'm thinking of swaping them on before you guys go on your next run.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
You will definately get rubbing. I would consider adding additional height like a PA 3" body lift kit. Also, you might want to run more than a 10" wide wheel...

Good Luck! :bigthumb:

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad-Cab SLT 4X4 SB, 5.2L V8, 5" SkyJacker Stage II Kit, 35/12.50/15 Good~Year MT/R's on 15X8 Weld Racing Sidewinder Wheels, Flowmaster Cat-Back Exhaust System, Custom Audio System.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
79W-150. How can you compare an old dodge to a new dodge. The clearences are different. Take for instance the difference in the front springs, you will have more turning clearence with coil spring.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Being a mechanic and working at Sears where we install sets of 31's - 38's about 4-5 times a week (each size) I've personally put on 4-5 sets of 35X12.5X16's on the new body rams and have seen how close they come when at full steering lock. Its not to say that they will or won't work, but with those wide tires on the rims as narrow as they are (but still pretty wide in comparison to stock) I can predict some rubbing/stuffing problems. Thats all.

-Chris

6" SkyJacker Suspension Lift Springs w/ 3" factory blocks, Custom Axle Vents & Steering Shaft/Knuckle Joint, 35X12.50X15 BFG AT/KO's on 15X8.5 American Racing 767, 360 w/ 2bbl & Crane PowerMax Cam & Valvetrain

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've heard that the 5" skyjacker kit can clear up to a 36" tire. I have a hard time picturing 36s on my truck. The 285x75s I'm running now get close to the fenders when really stuffed.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Joe,

The 5" Skyjacker CAN accomodate up to a 36" tire. Check out "Real Rides" on Skyjacker's webpage for pics of Dodge Rams!

http://www.skyjacker.com/home.htm

There are some nice lookin' rigs!!! Check it out! :bigthumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts