Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of putting 35's on my sub but if they dont fit i was looking at alternatives. I know that some people make 34's but i have only seen them for 15" rims. Does anybody make 34" tires that mount on a 16" rim?

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
super swampers TRXUS's mud terrain. they are about to come out with that size for a 16" wheel. go to http://www.intercotire.com for the website to see all the sizes. its says coming soon however soon that is

·
Registered
118 Posts
the tires i run are 305/70/16 swamper ssr normally this size is a 33 but in this tire its listed as 33.9 inches tall and yes they are that tall.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I know that pro comp MT's and goodyear MTR's also have a 305/75/16 size.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
if you have just the 3" body lift, mentioned above... the 34" will fit but they will hit... and your transmission chip will be out-of-wack ... seams like a bit of trouble for 1/2" more? I'd wait for the lift if I were you.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really dont think i will have any kind of clearance issues with 34's, when i get the pics up i think you guys will agree, How wide is that 305/75 tire that is about 34" tall?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was also looking for a 34" tire that had a high load rating because i have a 28' enclosed trailer that i need to tow as well. I want something more aggressive than an AT but i need that high load rating as well.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
12"

305/25.4 = 12

Metric tires are given in <width in mm's>/<aspect ratio>R<wheel dia>

305/70R16:

Height: (305*.70*2)/25.4 + 16 = 32.8"
wedith: (305/25.4) = 12"

25.4mm = 1"

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The 98 and newer dodges have an electronically controlled transmission (sort-of). The engine computer changes the shift-points based on a number of things, and speed is one of them. Because of that, if you run larger tires, it shifts at different speeds, and tends to lug a lot, thinking it has more torque available than it does.

Adjusting the vehicle speed sensor (also the rear ABS sensor) to correct it for the larger tires will get the shifts back in place.

I haven't really noticed any problems with my truck, running 315s (34.8"s) and 3.92 gears.

·
Registered
57 Posts
can anyone tell me what tire company's make a 34 inch tire for a 15 in rim????? and please tell me the witdh thank you
Alaska rules for 4x4's

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
super swamper trxus series. its a 34x12.50 and i dunno the prices yet cause the tire isnt out right now if you go to their website youll see it their and it just says coming soon

·
Registered
474 Posts
Mickey Thompson Baja Belted 34x11.5x16
man...are they loud on the street, like...turns heads loud, like...if you are driving next to somebody they roll up the windows. and they are short money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts