Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is, can I put 33-12.5's on a stock truck or do I have to put a lift under it? I have a 99 Ram 1500 4x4. I am currently running 245/16's. Does anybody know what type clearance I will have ?

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I know some people that are running 305/70/16 on their stock 1500 and get some minor rubbing. That is as tall as, but a bit skinnier than a 33x12.50. You can run 285/75/16 without much rubbing, if any.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After taking a good look today I realized that if I raised the front end 2 1/2" ( Drop caused by the winch and brush guard ) then that should allow me that much more clearance. This is just temporary until I can get the funds for a 3" suspension lift. Are there any recommendations for what brand name to get ? I have been looking at the superlift and rancho. There is a big price difference between the two. Any recommendations would be really helpful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My local shop in town raves over the BDS lift system. They recommend BDS over any other due to the ride quality, which they consider far superior to any of the other lifts on the market. When I get the funds, I plan on getting a BDS 3" lift.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well That made BDS sound awsome, ive heard of there kits before and know someone that has one on his Tahoe (phhh...Chevy) Anyway whats the BDS website i'd like to check out the 3in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Personaly I wont buy a lift other than Skyjacker. I had a 3" stage 2 on my 2K1 1500. The only reason I dont like the Rancho is because it keeps the stock springs and adds a spacer on top of them. The Skyjacker (and BDS I think) replace the springs giving a better ride. I dont know if flex is improved or not since I never did any real flexing in my truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts