Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered 33/12.5 inch pro-comp M/T's on 16X10 inch wheels, i was wondering if anybody has ran 33's on a stock off-road and how they fit. i think theyll clear, but i'd rather have some feedback from someone who has tried this setup.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I dont have 33's on my truck yet... Still figuring out if I want 33s stock or 35s with a 3 inch lift..

I think that the only place that you may run into problems is with the 10 inch wide rims. I think that the offset may be an issue.

I would recommed 33x12.5 on the stock 17x8 wheels.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well theyre already in the mail so i'll let you know how they fit and possibly put some pics up. theyre gonna stick out a little bit but it helps make it more stable, the reason i wanted the 10 inch wide rims was in case i lift it in the future i wont have to buy new rims again. i wanted to go with 16's because i dont like the stock rims. they look good, but a 4 wheel drive truck shouldnt have 17's. thats like one step away from rollin' on dubs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Canyonero02. Did your tire/wheel combo clear with no rubbing on the Off-Road. I just ordered 16x10 American Racing Atlas wheels and Pro-Comp M/T 33x12.50 R16 tires. Guess what??? They didn't fit worth a crap. Looked good, but rubbed when turning at a tight angle. My only option was to lift 2" to clear, but if I'm going to lift I'm going with 35's and lift higher. I sent all of it back and just ordered the same tires but for my factory rims. Couldn't afford the lift right now. I hear this setup looks really good anyway. But..you don't like the rims. I'm curious if yours fit or not with no rubbing, because if it did I'm going with your setup. Please let me know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
EVJ, We'll do! Tires are coming in Wednesday of this week and I will put them on probably Thurs or Sat. Will get pics and post under my readers ride for you. Probably be better if I send them to you through e-mail. You can see a larger picture and more detail that way, since there is a size and number of picture post restriction under readers rides. If you want, shoot me your e-mail address at [email protected] and I'll get them to you.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just got them in today. they clear fine when driving in the street, even at full lock. but when i flex out the supspension off-road and turn the wheels all the way the inside tire rubs just a little on the plastic. this doesnt bother me since its not hitting metal and its only minor rubbing but im gonna look into putting a 1 inch spacer on the front coils to give me an extra inch of lift, they shouldnt rub at all then. i have pics if anyone wants to see how they look.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive only had them for 2 days so i havent been able to do any wheeling with them yet but so far im happy. they handle nice on the road and only make a quiet hum. i could break the stock tires loose pretty easily but these grip alot better even on the street. ill let you know what i think once i use them more.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had 305's on my offroad w/ 2" daystars. Even without the daystars they still didn't rub. They measured out to be a little more than 33" tall.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
i have the off road coils on my dodge with 285/75 bfg mt's and i get no rub anymore. it was a very light rub the first couple of days but i wore that shet out and now no rub off road or on. :bigthumb: oh and the 285/75 measures to 32.5 when mounted up on my junk.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
On 2004-03-29 07:00, bfclarke wrote:
I've got a stock 4x4 offroad and I'm running 33" BFG mudterrains, and I only barely get a little rub on the rear plastic inner fender when I'm flexed all the way and turning. My wheels got a lot of backspacing though, and they stick out a couple of inches. Does anyone know if I put a 2" spacer if I will be able to run 35"s alright? I think the rear should be fine, but I'm not too sure about the front. I'm going to get the glassworksunlimited fiberglass fenders, and remove the plastic inside my fender.

Holy Christ dude.
Are you going to reply to everything that has been settled 3 years ago!
Im sure he figured out by now if it will rub.

·
Banned
4,240 Posts
On 2004-03-29 11:45, GOD RAM IT wrote:
On 2004-03-29 07:00, bfclarke wrote:
I've got a stock 4x4 offroad and I'm running 33" BFG mudterrains, and I only barely get a little rub on the rear plastic inner fender when I'm flexed all the way and turning. My wheels got a lot of backspacing though, and they stick out a couple of inches. Does anyone know if I put a 2" spacer if I will be able to run 35"s alright? I think the rear should be fine, but I'm not too sure about the front. I'm going to get the glassworksunlimited fiberglass fenders, and remove the plastic inside my fender.

Holy Christ dude.
Are you going to reply to everything that has been settled 3 years ago!
Im sure he figured out by now if it will rub.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i was gonna say the same thing... you beat me to it... :flipoff:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Damn I just now noticed that :wall:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've got 33x12.5 16.5 BFG mud terrains. I only get a tiny bit of wheel rub when I turn my wheel all the way and hit a big bump. Other than that, they work great! You won't get any if you remove the plastic inner fender. Or get DT control arms that are 1/2" longer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts