Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok getting the 3" Skyjacker, but was wondering about something. Will the truck sit higher in the rear still with just the 3" lift. Seems to me that if its already 2" lower in the front, a 3" in the front and rear will make it still uneven.

Now lets say someone gave me the dimensions of there link arms from there 5" Skyjacker lift.... center to center... then i could cut, sleeve, and reweld mine that come with the 3" kit. Then they would center the rear correctley if i wanted to use my Daystars along with the 3" springs.

Or will my truck be level with the 3" kit just the way it is....?

Any thoughts on this........

2001 Ram 1500 Sport, heavy duty service group, tow package, overhead convience group, Intense Blue, 5.2L, Gibson headers, Magna flow muffler, custom exit pipes in front of rear wheel, 3" Perfromance Acc body lift, 2" Daystars, white face gauges
Uniroyal awt 285/75/16
procomp explorer ex9000 shocks,
K+N 14x4

·
Registered
807 Posts
i was thinking about just adding the 2 inch daystars in the front without a lift kit on my '01 offroad. what else has to be done, like new shocks or any adjustments that may have to be made so the steering is lined up and everything. and if you just install a 3 inch kit by itself i think the front will still be uneven with the rear, because both ends get the same lift.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All that is needed for the spacers, is the spacers.....real easy, no shocks are needed. The factory ones will work fine, even though they are junk.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i talked to a guy at 4 wheel parts and he said it would throw off the front axle and the steering if i have the off-road package. im gonna throw them on anyway and see what happens. if they dont work well i can always sell them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts