Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need some help here. I don't know much about suspension lifts (last truck had a 3 inch body lift). I think that I want either the 3in skyjacker or 3 in superlift. I've got $1200 to spend on the lift and have it installed. What to ya guys think would be my best option for a lift for my truck. I've just bought 33x12.5r15 procomp mt on 15x8 hellcats
Any Help would be greatly appreciated
Mont

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'd go with a 3" lift from Rancho, or the like, and talk a few friends into helping you put it on.

Took me a full day to install mine, including taking it off another truck. I could probably do it in 4 hours now, with the right tools.

Where're you located?

·
Registered
969 Posts
With the Rancho lift if you got the less expensive one with the spacers it would be even easier to install.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in s jersey Kind of a hike from CA. I don't really want to bother with doing myself. The guy at the shop here said he could put in a tuff country 2 in for 700 but I've been reading some bad things about em. I'd rather go with a lift that replaces the coil instead of using a coil spacer. But I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks
Mont

·
Registered
140 Posts
If your worried about the money I say go with Rancho like woody said. You can also get away with putting offroad springs on the front/or 2" spacers and a add a leaf or a little bigger block in the rear. Since the wheels you bought are 15x8" and the tires are 33's

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ain't really worried about the money the install should be around 600 that gives me another 600 for a lift and if I have to I could spend another 300 since I only paid 800 for the tires and rims from a buddy of mine.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Why not just get the skyjacker 3" coils, new rancho 9000's shocks and add-a-leaf for the rear, you can get everything you need for close to 350 bucks, if you go with cheaper shocks you can knock off another 50 bucks or so. Call rocky mountain susp, they are close to you in west va. and should have the best deal.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Where in jersy are you? If your up north i know of OK Tire in stewartsville, and grizzly in madison. I did the rancho 3" on my last truck, I thought it seemed to stiffen up the ride I'd go with 3" taller skyjacker coils , new shocks and an add a leaf in the rear like biginuf said. I found the lower arms to be a waste, there really wasn't any difference in the lenght. Hope this helps. If your in my area I can show you some pics I have of the setup on my old truck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in south jersey about 10 minutes outside philly.
What kind of ride should I expect from that setup with the skyjacker springs, rancho shocks, & add a leafs.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The RS9000s are a five way adjustable shock, so you can set the ride where you want it. i notice that my ride improved after I put those on.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah Just wondering if that stuff really worked. I might get the controls for em put inside the truck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've heard different things about the controls, sometimes they don't switch all the shock and it can throw off your ride. But i'd try it cause adjusting the front shocks is a pain in the a**.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts