Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know comments on this one. I love my truck, I'd like to go a little higher though. I was wondering if this would work. I haven't had time to measure it out yet though. Could I safely put 3/4 ton front coil springs on my 1/2 ton truck? I talked to a couple mechanics at my local Dodge dealer, they said that 3/4 ton coils would raise my truck another 1 1/4 inch or so. What would I have to change if I did this? My current lift consists of a 3" spacer in front, and one add-a-leaf and one block in the rear. New track arms also. The rest of the suspension is stock.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
A buddy of mine installed the Off-road springs in his truck. Check out http://www.envy.nu/jdlawhon for pics and part numbers

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
There's another post in this section where someone is running spacers and 3/4 ton coils on his 1/2 ton ram...i believe his username is ruffram??? check it out...it may answer some of your questions...

·
Registered
923 Posts
That's me that has 3/4 ton springs on a half ton. I also have daystar spacers and it seems to work all right. I have a slight problem of my axle being pulled backwards by the control arms being swung down too far. I would definetly recommend that swap for someone with a 3" lift that is only spacers. WIth the bigger spacers I think you will want the stiffer springs. As for where to get them, talk to four by four shops who may have a set laying around and talk to people who have installed different springs on their 3/4 ton. I also have an add a leaf in the back with two inch blocks and I like the way it rides. It doesn't body roll in corners as bad as factory and the highway ride is firm but not overly harsh. Any more questions just let me know.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I think I have about 4 inches. I'm not for sure b/c I didn't do before and after measurements. This is as high as I would want to go with the stock pitman arm and control arms though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts