Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lift my 2WD 94 Standard Cab Ram. If I go with 3" susp and 3" body, can I clear 35" tires? Oh, and this truck will mostly see pavement duty and some very light offroading.

Here is what I am thinking:
3" Rough Country front coils
Rough Country Add-a-leaf
3" Performance Acc. body lift

I won't have new upper control arms. Is that a problem?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
yes you should look at getting new longer control arms i did a 2 inch rough country lift and thats pushin it. if you have the xtra cash go with a more complete lift from procomp or fabtech. call Rough Country and ask them for the opinion. and if you plan on doing the lift yourself Good luck. compressing the springs so they fit in was a job in itself.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello yes the 35s will fit, but you have to have a little bit more offset than stock if you plan on going wide, the controll arms are not a must.. if you have the extra cash, go for it, if you dont, get them later...I have the rc 3inch lift ,without the body lift, but i am going to get it soon, and 35s will be on mine,if you need help with the install, i do them all the time , just holler at us ,and someone will help you..this is the 3 inch spring/rear add-a-leaf look, with 285-75-16s,

99-318-club cab 2wd- 14"x3" K&N airfilter-IAT sensor resistor-TPS sensor mod-180 degree thermostat-3923 autolites-brass insert dist. cap-285-75-16- all terrains-3" rough country suspension lift- rs9000 metallic red - black decal removed from side windows

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for answering my questions Bullram. Our trucks are going to look similar with the 3" susp. and 3" body with 35s. My truck is red also. And thanks for offering your help with the install — I'm going to install the lifts in the spring with the help of a guy who I know who has lifted his 4x4 8".

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Hey bull ram did you do your lift yourself?
if so how did it go?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello ,yes I did the lift myself, I often help my friends with their lifts, ...the lift was very easy, most of the readers could do it if they just take their time, but if they feel the least bit, wary of it ,I WOULDNT DO IT...take it some where, get a warranty on the install, in case any thing goes wrong later...i am going to put a body lift, after it warms up a little..which in texas might be tommorow,

·
Registered
6 Posts
for those with the rough country lift,

Would you recommend it? If you were to do it all over again would you go the same route or save and go with fabtech or other? ANy info is appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
depends on how high you wanna go.
i went with the 2inch spacers in the frond and a blocks in the rear. i like it if i had more cash i would have gone bigger and with procomp or fabtech. but my truck does does pretty good off roading for a 2wd.
plenty of clearence for most thing you can do in a 2wd.
oh and the 2inch lift i put on 265 75 r16 procomp all terrains.
i think i can go a little bit bigger but right now i have no rubbing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
rawkon,

Thanks for the quick reply. Sharp looking truck. I am already running 265/75/16's and want to go to 33x12.50's. I don't do much off-roading at all but had heard that the rough country 3" lift (3" coils and 1.5" blocks" tend to sag over time) is this correct?

thanks
Bob

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
im not sure about the sag thing, i havent heard of that before. but if your going 3inches or higher id recommend a more complete lift (upper control arms).
spindles, but i havnt heard any pros or cons about rough countries 3inch lift.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts