Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Ive got a 2k1 Ram 4x2 Club Cab SB. And I cant figure out what kind of differntial I have, All I know is that its a Chrysler 9.25 and Im kinda confused about all the Dana 44 55 60 whatever. The reason I wanted to know in the first place was that because I lack 4wd I was considering purchasing an arb air locker for my dodge to lock up in off road conditions since it isnt much more then a conventional LSD. Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I figured, So could I get an ARB Air Locker for that, It would help alot in off road driving and at the occasional light race right?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Is your 9.25 a limited slip?

·
Registered
174 Posts
yeah, you can get an ARB for it. Or you could get a OX Trac differential that is cable actuated. A fully locked diff really helps in off-roading with a 2wd, cause our work truck at the camp i work at can go through anything that my 4wd truck cn go through, except to just can't turn too well. But the W/T has died after 15 years of trusty camp service today.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
If you Lock the rear would that make yourt tires wear fast?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it would wear the tires faster but I would only lock it up off road. Marsh where can I get info on that OX locker, And Im not sure if my 9.25 is a Limited Slip, But on Friday i got stuck in the mud with one tire on solid ground with lots of traction and one tired in mud and the mudded tire was the only one i could spin, the other did jack. Thanks for your responses keep em coming.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Lift your hood and look up at the tag ond see if you have the anti-slip trac loc. If you do I would just run it till it wears out than buy a locking unit. When mine wears out I'm going to install a powertrax locker because it replace the spidergears and I can install it myself, no need to rest the back lash and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I already have and didnt see any tag however it could have been removed because I bought this vehicle from a private owner. Is there any other way see if I have a factory LSD in my ram?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Yeah you are runnin a open diff if both tires werent spinning in the mud. Yes there is a way to get a LS on your 9.25.
Faver on the site had his chevy priced for a LS and it was 250 installed. I'll ask him to post what he found.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
there should be a little metal tag on the diff cover, on one of the bolts. it will tell you the gear ratio and LS or not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts