Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what kind of mileage you guys get and with which if the two diesels and if you have the auto, the 5 speed or the 6 speed.

·
Registered
295 Posts
On 2002-01-08 00:23, Bill_L wrote:
I was wondering what kind of mileage you guys get and with which if the two diesels and if you have the auto, the 5 speed or the 6 speed.

I get around 14-15 mpg. I have the 12-valve cummings turbo diesel, with the auto. This is with 35" BFG-muds and 3.53 gears. It's a regular cab, long bed.
Plan on getting a 02' extended cab with the 6-speed in 6 months, I hate automatics.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I put this under your other topic too, "thinking of trading it in..." :

I have a 99 dodge diesel. 4 1/2 inch skyjacker, 315's, and still get about 16-18 mpg around town, and up to 20 on the freeway, very reliable, very loud, and very powerful. Last set of tires (31's) went damn near bald on the rears in about 15K miles. Not a real great tire, and poor rotation on my part, but still shows the trucks torque. Banks power pack can put it up to just over 300 horses, and between 650 and 700 ft-lbs of torque.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I got an auto in my 99, but I'm a little HP crazy get about 11-12 in the city and 16-17 on the hwy----the Banks stuff is overated--I can get you more HP for less $$$$ if you're interested-----chris

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
csutton7,

thanks for the info.

I am just looking to have a good running truck that gets decent mileage, well decent for a truck.

I am not looking to get happy with the mods like I did on my 1500.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts