Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum, so help me out here guys. I am thinking of buying a 1990 chevy 2500 4x4 shortbed. it has the 5.7 and has just over 100,000 miles. how tough are these trucks? how easy are they to lift? tires? etc. i appreciate any help you guys can give me. thanks.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
im a big chevy guy and ive had only chevys around me growing up. i think they are extremly reliable and will last ya no prob. as far as lifting goes the suspension lift is pretty much the most complicated out of all the lifts for trucks out there.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The chevy '88 and up 4x4's have IFS (independent front suspension). The lifts for IFS trucks are the most complex and expensive on the market. The IFS system is traditionally not as reliable, durable, tough, or practical for offroading as a solid axle like the ram has. There is much more to go wrong with the torsion bar IFS setup than a solid axle too. They IFS will however have a smoother ride on and off the road, and the 5.7 liter 350 V8 is a really good motor which has more power than the 318 dodge V8 and probaly even the 360 magnum dadge V8. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts