Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw an article on a Rubicon version of the TJ for 2003. Front and rear air lockers!!! Dana 44's front and rear, 31" Goodyear MTR's. Sounds like a sweet stock setup to me!!

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I saw that little article as well. Sounds nice if you want to build a mild but reliable trail rig. The lockers and standard D44s (not just an option for the rear anymore) is a nice deal however.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just read the blurb in 4wheeler today. Looks like a great starting point! Nice to *FINALLY* see one of the major makers put out a vehicle that is aimed at true off road use. But I'm holding my breath to see what price they put on it at the lot. Jeep is going the way of Toyota, getting real damn proud of their products! I mean come on, 15k for a stripped Wrangler?! Lets see what they ask for this thing. I'm worried that they may price it above what you could do the upgrade for yourself. We'll see. Let's hope it takes off and the rest of the major auto makers discover that there is a market for true off roaders and stop building cars with truck beds and a transfer case.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well price could be an issue but just thank God that another "SUV" (I dont really classify the jeep as an SUV) DID NOT GO TO IFS!! In fact Jeep is going the opposite direction than the pavement pounders. Gotta love that! :):

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Any idea what the price tag is on this rig? I was looking into getting a Jeep Wrangler, and if the price is reasonable, I might consider looking into it! I love my Dodge and Jeep is part of the Chrysler family!!!
:D:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They didnt say how much in the article but I would say the extra parts will add on 1 to 2 grand to the regular Jeep price.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
That's it??? $1K-$2K on top of the price of a Wrangler??? That's hard to believe :-?: ...with this list of specifications:
Dana 44 Axles
4.10 R&P Gearing
Front & Rear Cab Controlled Air Lockers
4 Wheel Disc Brakes
NV2410R Transfer Case
31" Goodyear MT/R's
Diamond-Plate Rocker Guards
4.0L I-6 Engine 190hp/235 lb-ft torque
Manual or Automatic (NVG-3550) Transmission
:bigthumb:

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad-Cab SLT 4X4 SB, 5.2L V8, 5" SkyJacker Stage II Kit, 35/12.50/15 Good~Year MT/R's on 15X8 Weld Racing Sidewinder Wheels, Flowmaster Cat-Back Exhaust System, Custom Audio System.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We got to go off road with one this week end.

More pics hereon the 4th page
http://www.michiganjeepers.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB6&Number=12382&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1&vc=1

And here
http://www.michiganjeepers.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB6&Number=12756&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=

·
Registered
896 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if that thing is close to 30k. I mean a loaded Sahara is about 24k, for crying out loud.

That thing rocks though. D44's, air lockers, 4.10's, 4:1 low range. All you need is a 3-4" lift and some 33's, and you have the ultimate trail rig with a warranty.

It'd be nice if you could get it with no options for under 20k.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My guess is it will be about 25 grand. The Jeep engineer that brought it there was laughing at a 30 thousand dollar comment. He just said "it will be more reasonable than you think."

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also saw that the price will be in the mid 20's. Not bad for what your getting.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The international auto show is in richmond this weekend, I went tonight, there was no 3/4 Ram and no Wrangler Rubicon. P.O.S. Show

1 - 12 of 12 Posts