Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought this truck and want to put 36 in Super swampers on and not sure how high on the lift I need to go...any info on souping this bad boy up would be nice to...

thanks....

Frank

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
5.5" skyjacker lift will do it. a good friend of mine (whitesport on here) put that on his truck recently and is running 36x14.5" mickey thompsons. it looks great!!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
White Z,

I don't think you noticed what year Ram that is. 2002.

The 5" skyjacker doesn't work with the IFS 2002s...

niner,

You may not be able to lift it for a bit, until the lift manufacturers catch up with the new suspension.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man I hope they hurry up cause I am itchy to get bigger with that bad boy...thanks for the info both of ya'll

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
You could check Full Throttle suspension. They had a lift for the 2002 at the sema show

·
Registered
80 Posts
You know Rancho has some really nice IFS systems and kits, not quite for sure on lift sizes but surely they will take care of the problem nicely.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Here's a pic of a lifted 2002 1500 @ the SEMA show:

Lift by FULL-THROTTLE :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Are you trying to make me throw up Tunis? That truck looks NASTY. Yecch! Warn someone before you put large pics of a nasty vehicle on the board! LOL! Seriously, there are no suspension lifts out for the 2002's yet, unless you want the 10" by Whiplash, er, Full Throttle, they are both the same anyway. That lift is not in current production though. Hooo boy, I'll bet that lift will void some warranties out...But if you have lots of bucks to waste, then just drop the truck off and say "lift it!" and I bet they will make a kit for ya!

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
oohhh ya...keep forgetting about the new IFS. sorry im a chevy guy but ya that new dodge lifted looks pretty good for the new body style. sorry just not a big fan of em

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys..I am new to the 4X4 world...what does IFS stand for? thanks for all the imputs and the sweet picture Tunis....

Thanks

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
IFS: Independent Front Suspension

up to 2001,Dodge Ram trucks utilize a front live axle like the Dana 44 (1500) & Dana 60 (2500)

2002 is the first time the 1500 utilizes a IFS, instead of the live axle...

Pros: smooth ride on pavement with good handling

Cons: less articulation(flex) with IFS

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good Luck!
I bought my 2002 about a month ago and have been looking religously for a 4" to 6" lift and a catback exhuast system. There are none yet,(other than Whiplash's 10" mess). We'll just have to wait for SkyJacker and other manufactures to catch up.
In the mean time, I did find and order for a 2002 Ram, a set of Gibson Stainless Headers, a Jet Stage II Module, a 180 t'stat and a Westin BullBar.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey Shack what do the headers do? I did buy wetin nerf bars for my 02'...the only crappy thing about it is I am in Germany and it takes a while to get my orders....if and when you hear anything about exhausts and lifts please let me know...my email should be on here somewhere....thanks....that goes for anyone....thanks

Frank

·
Registered
80 Posts
IFS= IT FREAKING SUCKS I don't know about you guys but I don't care about any on road handling thats not in my definition of trucks, no offence to the chevy boyz but The live axle is your best friend at the moment.
I don't know why dodge dicthed out on coil overs, I feel the same about the Jeep Liberty
years of work right down the drain. Thats only my opinion.

·
Registered
118 Posts
thats why my next truck will be a 2500 Ram. IFS should not be used on trucks. Damn 1500s have been taken over by the soccer moms

·
Registered
118 Posts
hey you guys forgot to ask if this trucks a 2500 or 1500. if its a 2500 it still has a straight axle in the front and you can still get a lift as far as i know

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey if you are looking to put bigger tires and rims on your truck have fun! I recently purchased a 2002 Dodge ram 1500 4X4 and i found out that if you have single caliper brakes then you can go with a 16inch rim but if you have the dual calipers then you have to stay with a 17inch rim and that is really hard to find cause trust me i am going crazy to find some rims and a 285 mud terrain tires for mine! Good luck with the lift kit and stuff!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so I take it the 2002 has dual caliper brakes that really blows its just gonna be harder trying to find tires then....and over here they are limited to squat!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts