Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if i could fit 36" superswamper tsl radial 36x14.5x16.5 on with 5" skyjacker?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whitesport do you get any rubbing?? i was told i need a 3" body with the 5" suspension to fit these tires

·
Registered
203 Posts
the TSL 36 x 14.5 x 16.5 are right at 36 inches tall. i think it would be too tight with only 5 inches of lift - i do not know how far back the 5–inch skyjacker will pull the axel. the 36 x 14.5 x 15s are only 35.6 inches tall. but even these would be tight. i don’t know what your budget looks like; but before i spent the cash on tires, i would put on the 3 inch body lift and then get the tire that you will be happy with for several years.... if this is not an option, i think you are better off with a “tall” 35 inch tire.

95 RAM, 1500 SLT 4X4. 5.9L Motor. 3 inch body and 3 inch suspension lift. Running on 35 x 12.5 x 15 BFG ATs with 4:56 Gears

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have the 5"suspension and 3" body lift and tires ordered already.... was just afraid i may have gone a bit nuts and building too big of truck to be practical on and off road

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
It might be close with jsut a 5" and that wide of a tire. If they don't fit, then install the 3" body lift :):

·
Registered
969 Posts
The height of the tires won't be a problem, and with the body lift they will definitely clear. Are you getting flares with those?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i have not got flares....but thiniking i will need em!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Per Skyjacker, thier lifts accomodate up to a 36" tire...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It would be too tight for me to want to drive it. why not stay with the BFG or Procomp MT.???? the 36's suck for street use.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
my 36's are fine on the street..and they are not too big for the lift at all...so i dont think u know what your really talking about lol...and minor rubbing. i guess just like any other truck would be with big tires

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If I had my choice between a 35 BFG or Procomp and 36 swamper I would take the 35's without a doubt, 1" is not much of a differnece in height on the truck, but there is a huge differnce between driving on BFG's or Procomps and Swampers, I personally would sacrifice a 1/2" of ground clearence for nice riding tires, unless your gonna wheel the dog piss out of the truck.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-03-01 11:27, RAMRAPTOR wrote:
no i have not got flares....but thiniking i will need em!!

i have the same setup, you'll need the flares.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Its not the height that is going to be the problem its the width. Go with a 16in rim and youll be better off because of the offset.

·
Registered
52 Posts
ramraptor,
i have a 5" skyjacker w/rear springs and a 3 inch body lift. i put a leveling kit on the front and an add-a-leaf in the rear. i'm running 38.5x14.5 16" thornbirds on 16x10 inch wheels, and they don't really ride that rough unless they are really cold. oh yeah i don't have any problem with rubbing. :lol: i think that i could of possibly run 42 inchers. maybe in the future when these tires wear out.

Hag

1 - 17 of 17 Posts