Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok title explains it all. i was following my wife home from Michigan today thru a wonderful storm.
we slowed down to like 15mph because the rain was so hard. i put the hazard lights on and my wife does the same thing.
hers lasted a very short while and right after that i noticed her brake lights in the tail lights didnt work (but the 3rd brake light comes on). i checked all the fuses under the hood and alongside the dash and nothing blown. the odd thing is the turn signals and marker lights still light.
is there some sort of hazard flasher module that i dont know about?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Interesting. I was gonna say the brake light switch. The one that's activated my the brake pedal arm, but the 3rd light works so....

I'm stumped bro. :wall:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
hmm light bulbs i dunno, maybe the whats it called ummmmm thing hte wires connect too i dunno take it aprat AND HAVE SOME FUN MUAHAHHA hhehehehe

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
On 2003-07-06 20:48, James_R wrote:
Interesting. I was gonna say the brake light switch. The one that's activated my the brake pedal arm, but the 3rd light works so....

I'm stumped bro. :wall:
i was thinkin the same maybe a bad ground or something :-?: broken wire?? did you check under the rear where the tail light harness hooks up to the main harness

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no its not a broken wire, if that was it the turn signals wouldnt work, but they do.
is there a flasher module (the round silver thing) like in the older chevies?
like i said, the brake lights worked UNTIL she started using the hazard lights because the storm was so bad.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Scroll down and read what i wrote on the this forum page "no lights anymore". With the brake applied check the voltage from your tailights back toward the switch. Going to each connector. check grounds. if you don't have a diagram forget it. Check the load of the wiring like i wrote in that other topic. just because a circuit has 12volts does not mean the amps can pull through with out a problem. hope that helps at all.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone know where the flasher module location is on these trucks?
the haynes manual says it was right behind the glove box, but guess what, not there.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it turns out i dont have to worry about this. a dude i work with, his cousin is the service manager for the local Chevy dealer. Chevy sent out a recall for the problem im having, so its getting fixed free of charge.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
On 2003-07-08 13:27, shawn bentley wrote:
it turns out i dont have to worry about this. a dude i work with, his cousin is the service manager for the local Chevy dealer. Chevy sent out a recall for the problem im having, so its getting fixed free of charge.

what's the problem?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On 2003-07-08 14:04, HOSS4x4 wrote:
what's the problem?

the brake and hazard lights dont work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have no break lights on my 99 Chevy blazer but my 3rd break lights work. My turn signals and tail lights work but my flashers don't work ether. I checked fuses and power going to lights. All good. I can't figure out why.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts