Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if anyone has the jet chip for 360 if they like it...also 37" tsl super swamper radial...too big for 4:10 gears?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I don't have the chip. But have heard both, good and bad about it. As for the 37's with 4:10's, I think you'll find a sever lack of power with that set up. 4:56's & 37's would be pushin it. I think 4:88's would be more power friendly. but also think that 4:88 won't fit in the 1500 axles, not sure about the 3/4 ton axles either.
Someone else out here will know more about that than me.
Troy

·
Registered
704 Posts
I ran the Jet stage 2 chip for a long time. I only bought it because nothing else was available for my 1997 at the time. I only noticed a performance gain when I used it with the following mods:180t-stat,Gen II,headers,Flowmaster. Like Jet says, you need a free flowing intake and exhaust. Now for my other opinion, I just installed the Mopar pcm this week. It BLOWS away the Jet in performance! I didn't tell my wife I switched the Jet for the Mopar pcm but as soon as she drove my truck she immediately noticed the increased power (and liked it!).

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I bought a Jet Stage II chip, I run a K&N air filter, powraid TBS and dual(not true) exhaust, i never notice a difference when i put the chip on, but when you take it off you relize you lost some power, it slowly gives you more hp over the course of 50-75 miles but when you unplug it, your power loss is intantaneous. Ive heard the shifting on the Mopar perf computer is very hard, that is the only thing that worries me about it. I like the way the jet 2 chip shifts, firm not hard, better than stock i think.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
1500s can got to 4.56 gears, that's the max for one of the axles (Front?). Then you can go to 5.13s or lower with the 2500s axles.

MarkFlip is running those gears in his BadMonkey:

http://www.marksmark.net

VERY nice setup.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i don't think that you can get the TSL radial in a 37 inch - i could be wrong. you may have to go with the SSR Radail...

·
Registered
362 Posts
TroyJprtroy is right its the corporate 9.25 that holds us half ton's back. The front dana 44's can hold much lower gears than 4.56 and as for the back you could swap in a dana 60 from a 3/4 ton and run a lower gear and have a stronger axle. Kill to birds with one stone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts