Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Dude... That is a bad 4runner!!! Were do you guys wheel, just up on hood? We go up around timmithy lake and on some of the camping roads. Most of the time I go down to Molalla.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Very nice Runner man :bigthumb:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats up wildcat mtn. just outside sandy. it was 60-65 up there over this weekend. i was in a tee-shirt most the time... crazy warm weather.

·
Registered
741 Posts
dude...when i get my truck goin were gonna go wheelin for sure thats a sick runner...and u needa learn how to drive haha u keep killin it

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
holley 670 double pumper on an incline or bumps doesnt work out too well. and it runs like a$$ at idle in high elevation. im not killing it its just doesnt want to run.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Damn gravity feed carbs :smash:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
nice vids there nate. Are you ever gonna go injected?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea this winter sometime when i get time to do it right im going to do the edelbrock multi-port setup ive decided and im getting a bunch of money in january soo it will probably be around then sometime.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
That truck is bad-ass dude! WhenI get home from workI'll check out your cardomain (work computer won't let me for some reason)..

Since you seem to wheel in snow a lot maybe you could answer a question of mine. I wanna go wheeling soon cause we got like a foot of snow now, and a blizzard comming tomarrow, and I think snow would make it fun, but I was wondering: Most of the terrain we go on is heavy ruts, mud, and hill climbs. I can imagine that some spirited throttle would make the hills fine, but what about going down hill? Does the snow provide enough resistance that you can ease down a steep hill, or would it just be sliding down hoping to not roll? I have 36 inch IROKs, a rear posi, and an open front, do you think I can wheel ok on the lighter stuff inthe snow or is snow a lockers-only game?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if your on snow you'll be ok now if there is ice underneath whatever you do dont lock your brakes up then you have no control but yes snow does cause resistance sometimes more than you want it too. and sometimes a locker in front will mess you up more in snow than an open diff. and key is if you start sinking stop spinning, you might be inching forward but believe me your going to dig alot faster than move.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
So as long as there is no ice under the snow going down hill isn't that bad? How do you prevent wheel lockupw hen going down, I usually just ride the brakes down hill. I guess 4Lo and 1st gear would help? And you;re saying if I start to get stuck just get off the throttle and grab a strap before I get dug in too deep?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the best way to to explain snow wheeling is act like your in the dunes? you lock the brakes up on a down hill chances are you are going to start sliding and eventually stop when you hit something say a tree. and if you get throttle happy your probably gonna end up digging.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice Nate....but next time....just for the fun of it, try about 3 psi and see if that is the ritz. I'm the on-call snow-plow operator in Chandler by the way. :D:

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
On 2005-12-14 19:06, fro-nig wrote:
that runner is just sick man
:bigthumb: :bigthumb:

:withstupid: great vids though!!!!! makes me wish we had some snow around here.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On 2005-12-17 10:49, ZUK wrote:
Nice Nate....but next time....just for the fun of it, try about 3 psi and see if that is the ritz. I'm the on-call snow-plow operator in Chandler by the way. :D:

if i went that low i wouldnt have a bead. it took 4 chettah blasters and a guy sitting on the tire to get the beads to set! and funny you say that i used to live in phoenix and i remember it snowed one day about 1/2 in. and was gone by 10am hahaha that plow must see alot of work!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts