Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to this and still learning so please bear with me.anyways i would like some opinions on whether to install 2"daystar coil spacers or buy a set of skyjacker 2 1/2" coil springs?i was set on buying the daystar spacers then someone mentioned to me about ordering the new coil springs and sell my stock ones.i have a 2002 dodge ram quadcab 4x4 shortbed 2500 (3/4 ton).will there be a big difference in ride quality between the two and also is there any modifications to replacing the front coils?any and all info will help!!also the best place to buy both of them so when i get the feedback from this i can order one of them.thank you!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
You want a good deal? Talk to me then. I can beat any price, hands down. Send me a private e-mail and I'll get you a price. The best for lifting? Coils, of course. That heavy 3/4 ton would be okay with spacers, but coils are much better for the suspension. I have seen first hand a coil tower shot through a hood because of a spacer. Spacers are cheaper, but you get what you pay for...I recommend doing it right, and getting the coil springs. Remember, you spent a buttload of money on your truck, why be cheap with changing out important suspension parts? Food for thought...

'00 1500 QC 4x4 Black Sport 5.9l Rhinolining, 3" Perf. Acc. Body lift, 5" Skyjacker Class II Single Flex lift, 16-35/15 Boggers on ARE 767 15x10's, 4.56's stuffed in the axles, Powertraxx Locker

<!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.lockitupoffroad.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I say that it really depends on how much money you have to spend and what you're planning on doing with the truck. I have the spacers and haven't had any problems with them whatsoever. You can get a set on ebay, at any given time there are about 5-10 of them on there. Here's a link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1818385141

Beast, where did you see a coil tower shot through the hood because of a spacer? How was the spacer the cause of it? What was he doing with the truck when it happened?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Using it, offroad. Here, im my hometown. It was cool carnage! Hit that side a little too hard, large bang, hole in the hood! It was GREAT!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you notice a much stiffer ride?how hard were they to install?you need a spring compressor right?it is going to be mostly for looks.what do you think..2"daystar spacers or 2 1/2 skyjacker coil springs?do they have them on e-bay where you can just buy them instad of bidding?do you have to belong to e-bay to bid??/i have no idea!!!??
On 2002-04-03 17:06, MotorHead wrote:
I say that it really depends on how much money you have to spend and what you're planning on doing with the truck. I have the spacers and haven't had any problems with them whatsoever. You can get a set on ebay, at any given time there are about 5-10 of them on there. Here's a link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1818385141

Beast, where did you see a coil tower shot through the hood because of a spacer? How was the spacer the cause of it? What was he doing with the truck when it happened?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I had 2.5" skyjacker springs on my truck with 35's, it was a sweet ride, as good if not better than factory, also people say the advantage to the spacers are that they are cheap in price, I think the skyjacker coils are even cheaper. 120.00 per pair max. Talk with THE BEAST he will get you straight.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
bigdog,

If i were you, id save up and get exactly what bill got! 4.5" lift and 36" tires on the 2002 2500 looks really good! Its taller than my 1500 with a 5" lift and 35" MT/R's!!!

'98 Dodge Ram 1500 QC SLT 4X4 5.2, 5" SkyJacker Stage II Kit, 35/12.50/15 GoodYear MT/R's on 15X8 Weld Sidewinders, Flowmaster Cat-Back Exhaust System, Volant Cool Air Intake System w/ Ram Air Scoop, Custom Audio System.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much did bill pay do you know TUNIS?i seen a picture and his truck looks great butmaybe a little to high!im doing a side business this summer mowing and it may be a little to high!id like to know what he paid for the lift kit though and also how much for the install???thanks alot!

·
Registered
502 Posts
bigdog1,

My tires, wheels, lift, all the parts, install,truespeed, alignment everything out the door was right at $4500.
The best thing is that the dealer paid for it. :D:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah bill l. how did you get that from the dealer??? you have to let me know.i just ran in to a guy this afternoon and he has a 2001 1500 4x4 that has the 4.5" skyjacker lift and he said the dealer that he bought it from installed the lift and it is still under warranty because they did it.never heard of that before!he bought it somewhere in wisconsin by madison.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I seriously doubt that it is still under warranty. It takes a special license to allow modified new vehicles to be sold, too much liability involved. But, I have seen stranger!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts