Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.5" suspension lift already and I'm thinking about a body lift. I don't want much, just maybe 2". I've seen trucks with 4 and 5 inch body lifts and I think they look cheesy. Let me hear from those that have put in a body lift, how long did it take and what to look out for on my specific truck.

_ZAB_ :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Do you have replacement coils on the front? If so, then they are probably 3" coils. As far as body lifts, they make 2" and 3" body lifts for the Ram, and I have one on mine and have never had a problem with it. It is a cheap 3" lift, if you ask me. BUT, it does not do anything for the suspension. It just gives a bit more clearance for larger tires to be run with no scrub. They are fairly easy to install as well, the only hard part is the fact that there is a 3" tranny shift linkage piece that has to be welded in. Other than that, piece of cake...if you have anymore questions, just ask me.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
you can look over the body lift install in the <!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.pavementsucks.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beast: Weld in shifter extension? That sucks. Would it come with the kit? No fuel filler extension or anything like that? The truck already has replacement coils from Superlift. BTW, I checked the tech section, but it only listed a few topics... nuthin' about body lifts, just hubs, exhaust and ball joints.

_ZAB_ :dunno:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2002-04-25 15:31, HaWiiLuVeR wrote:
you can look over the body lift install in the <!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.pavementsucks.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->.

I didn't see anything about body lifts... just t-stats and ball joints. Was I looking in the wrong spot? BTW- should I let you know when a repair is imminent so that I could do a tech write up with photos?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts