Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have experience with Rusty's 2.5" coils for the WJ? or has anyone heard anything about them good or bad?
http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=wj-25&Category_Code=wj_kits
Thanks

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I think the quality is fair but I will not do any more business with them because of their service.

:fu: RUSTYS

·
Registered
740 Posts
Not the WJ coils specifically but I on the otherhand had a great experience with Rusty's. I put on a 4.5" kit from them and one of the parts wasn't quite right ... talked to Rusty and he sent out a replacement right away. It fixed the problem and everything.

I've also heard (although I can't remember where now) that Rubicon Express was not satisfied with their springs and asked what Rusty uses ... and is now using those.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I ran Rusty's 3.5" coils on my ZJ for a while. In combo with Old Man Emu shocks, it rode and handled great. Also the flex was really good.

Only problem I had was that after I installed them, I actually got closer to 5" of lift. I was running all stock control arms, and with that much lift I had some scary handling issues. I ended up getting rid of the lift as it wasn't in my budget to buy all new arms, which are necessary IMO on a daily driven Jeep at that heights.

I actually miss the way the Jeep rode. I know have 3" Rancho coils on it, and it doesn't ride as nice as it did withthe Rusty's. It DOES handle better though, no death wobble or wandering anymore.

Also, I've heard alot of bad things about some of rusty's products like track bars, and that alot of people have had bad experiences with shipping and customer service. However, I had no xperiences like that. I ordered the lift, and got it all in one piece in a timely fashion.

Only issue I had was that he sold the 3.5" as a "kit", when in reality it is not. It doesn't come with everything necessary to make it work right. Basically it was just four coils, rear trac bar bracket, and rear bump stop extensions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts