Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all... I have a 1994 GMC Jimmy... Its all stock except for the rebuilt 4.3... It has the IFS and 10 bolt Solid Axle Rear... A quick question is can I fit 31s on it without a lift and still have full turning lock without rubbing? My second question is about lifts... I dont know much about IFS but do companys like FabTech, Pro Comp, or Rough Country make lifts for this and are they more expensive compared to Solid Axle Lifts, also will I be able to fit 35s or 38s with an IFS Lift, or will I save alot of heartache going with a Solid Axle Swap...Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
If you have a S10 jimmy which it sounds like ya do since ya have a vortec v6 in it. The lifts run ya around 1200$ for a 4-6inch lift. A SFA swap on a S10 jimmy is alot cheaper thena fullsize being you cna use 1/2 ton axles. Do a search for SFA swap on s10 pickups/blazers. Still more expensvie then a IFS LIFT. If it is an s10 jimmy 37-38 inch tires woudl require HUGE amount of lift.

If on the odd chance you have a fullsize jimmy with a v6 i send my condolances. AS that thing is slow and underpowered. :rotfl:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On 2006-04-20 16:59, BigXBear wrote:
If you have a S10 jimmy which it sounds like ya do since ya have a vortec v6 in it. The lifts run ya around 1200$ for a 4-6inch lift. A SFA swap on a S10 jimmy is alot cheaper thena fullsize being you cna use 1/2 ton axles. Do a search for SFA swap on s10 pickups/blazers. Still more expensvie then a IFS LIFT. If it is an s10 jimmy 37-38 inch tires woudl require HUGE amount of lift.

If on the odd chance you have a fullsize jimmy with a v6 i send my condolances. AS that thing is slow and underpowered. :rotfl:

LoL... Its a 1994 GMC Jimmy SLE 4 Door 4x4... It sounds like I will be doing the SAS... I might also be planning a V8 swap, but that would be later as the Lift is the most important thing now :D:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
a SFA swap is not cheaper than an ifs lift. if it wasi would have done it to mine. for your 93 1st gen truck, your only option for a suspension lift is the 5' trailmaster kit. it will probably run around 1200 for the kit. and i think you can run 32s or 33s with it. but it you really only want to run 31s just do a body lift and some wheels with about 4.5-5.5in of backspacing for minimal rub. stock you will be able to fit 31s, but exspect rubbin of the frame.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2006-04-21 07:05, GeorgesBlazah wrote:
a SFA swap is not cheaper than an ifs lift. if it wasi would have done it to mine. for your 93 1st gen truck, your only option for a suspension lift is the 5' trailmaster kit. it will probably run around 1200 for the kit. and i think you can run 32s or 33s with it. but it you really only want to run 31s just do a body lift and some wheels with about 4.5-5.5in of backspacing for minimal rub. stock you will be able to fit 31s, but exspect rubbin of the frame.

I dunno if I would be happy with 33s... I really want 35s at least, 38s is really what I want, but I would settle for 35s if 38s were impossible

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
On 2006-04-21 19:16, 93Jimmy4x4 wrote:

I dunno if I would be happy with 33s... I really want 35s at least, 38s is really what I want, but I would settle for 35s if 38s were impossible

i, personally woldnt go with anything bigger than 35s on an s10. that is alot of tire for the truck. unless you dont mind replacing parts while ya wheel. is this truck going to be wheeled at all? if not you might be abkle to get away with it, but thats still alot of stress for the truck. you can probably fit 35s with a combination of a suspension lfit adn body, or maybe just suspension if ya hack the crap outta your fenders. search around 33-35s look huge on s10s cause their so small, im pretty sure geoff has 33s on his and mine a lil bigger than his.

http://www.pavementsucks.com/gallery/viewride.php?ride_id=1499

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2006-04-23 12:23, GeorgesBlazah wrote:

i, personally woldnt go with anything bigger than 35s on an s10. that is alot of tire for the truck. unless you dont mind replacing parts while ya wheel. is this truck going to be wheeled at all? if not you might be abkle to get away with it, but thats still alot of stress for the truck. you can probably fit 35s with a combination of a suspension lfit adn body, or maybe just suspension if ya hack the crap outta your fenders. search around 33-35s look huge on s10s cause their so small, im pretty sure geoff has 33s on his and mine a lil bigger than his.

http://www.pavementsucks.com/gallery/viewride.php?ride_id=1499

Wow they do look pretty good... I will stick with 33s-35s as you suggested... I do plan to wheel it often, its not just gonna be for show... Sorry for seeming so newbieish... I like the look of Geoffs S-10... Thats about what I want it to look like... Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
no prob man, not newbish. its easier to learn this way than to do it the hard way :):

1 - 9 of 9 Posts