Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 93 full size 4x4 blazer that I am wanting to lift, add a heavy duty bumper and increase the tire size. I'm not sure where to begin and what all to upgrade to achieve what I'm wanting. Please help!

G

·
well you need to decide what tire size is your limit first, 1/2 tons should really be limited to 35" tires to minimize breakage.
rear axle should be upgraded to at least the 9.5 14 bolt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
outalne94z71 said:
well you need to decide what tire size is your limit first, 1/2 tons should really be limited to 35" tires to minimize breakage.
rear axle should be upgraded to at least the 9.5 14 bolt
I think I'm going with 33". I am a complete novice at this game, would I need to look for one of those axles at a salvage yard?

G

·
jakeob1106 said:
I think I'm going with 33". I am a complete novice at this game, would I need to look for one of those axles at a salvage yard?
a 33 is pretty close to a stock size used on those gmt400 trucks and you could run them almost without any lift depending on the rim and if it is the 12.5 wide or the 10.5 wide tire.

as for finding that axle, a junk yard seems to ask 500-600 for one which is way too much, i would look on craislist for trucks getting parted out, that axle was used in all light duty 3/4 ton(7200 gvw) in that body style and was a option in the 1500, they average about $200 from private sales but many times are cheaper, when i have them i sell them for 100-150 depending if it has the g80 locker in it.

gearing, what ratio do you have now? if you look on the sticker in the glove box you will see the rpo codes for various equipment the truck was built with, in the top of the chevy section here you can see the gear rpo codes to find out what you have, for that tire size i would recommend at least 3:73 but 4:10 would be better, if you have 3:42 gears then i would definitely change them as they are not that great for offroad and that 9.5 rear always seems to have a bearing issue with that ratio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I spent a lot of time looking into lifts for my 97 before I decided I will SAS it. From what I have read the earlier lifts aren't as good as the later ones. The reviews I read for the Pro-Comp ones seemed ok. It also depends how hard your actually plan to hammer on your 10-bolt whether you should go the 14b.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts