Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago 4wheelparts screwed up on some of my stuff and I ended up with a 175 dollar gift certificate. What should I get. Or what should I put it towards. Any ideas.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
How about a spare tire carrier and a 5th rim and tire.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have got a full size 35 spare. You think I should get one of those pre-runner style mounts in the bed. They look cool but it alwasy kinda seemed pointless to hold you tire at a 45 degree angle and kill your bed space.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have anywhere to mount them... My next big purchase is a wench. Maybe I should get like a warn wench mount that could do lights and a wench....?

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
a wench would be nice, but i dont they she would like to be bought. more a a rental :): sorry just had to. ya im sure they have winch mounts that can accept lights also. that would be a very good investment.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Defintely go for a full size spare! I had no choice to when I had to buy a 5th tire cause I popped one of mine. I got lucky that there was another similar tire layin around or i would of had to leave the truck in the woods overnight.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wench,winch? I like wench better anyhow... :):

What about an ignition system, maybe a msd 6a. That 175 bucks would pay half of it off?? Anybody noticed any difference when they goto an aftermarket system??

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
On 2002-04-19 10:47, NJBT4.56 wrote:
I have got a full size 35 spare. You think I should get one of those pre-runner style mounts in the bed. They look cool but it alwasy kinda seemed pointless to hold you tire at a 45 degree angle and kill your bed space.

Problem is that you really should have a full size spare and anything over 33' won't fit in the stock location so you need to stick it in the bed. Well if you mount it at an angle, you take up less bed space, plus you can store stuff under and behind the mount.

·
Registered
969 Posts
The one I bought is from 4wheelparts wholesalers and it is a great spare tire carrier, about $170.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Don't waste your money on a MSD box, you need to change out the cap and rotor, wires, plugs, etc.. to see any kind of gains. I have a prerunner style spare tire carrier in my bed, and I love it! I gets lots of comments on it. I'd say apply that gift certificate to a DT trac bar or AGR steering box, or something good and useful like that. Make it more offroad capable, not poser looking, I always say.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts