Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before i get to asking you guys some real tenchincal questions about box buidling can anyone tell me if you can fit 15's in a dodge 1500 regular cab, i have to admit there is more space then i thought there.

If its possible i need to start building i have the subs in a bronco now but i need to get them into the dodge and i really dont want to sell them.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I got 2 10's facing forward under my rear seat, but I had to lift the seat 3". 2 15's would probably mean you loose your back seat.

JL makes a stealth box for a single 15 under your center console.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, its more a centimental thing with these subs, i rmeber how long i had to workt o buy them :):

i just want to keep them, im going to check out the JL audio site and see if i cant find that box.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i ahve been told that 2 15's in my truck is impossible because of the air space, 1 15 maybe.

So what do you guys think.

Sell the 2 15's for 2 12's or run 1 15 and have the other as a spare in case i blow the first 1?

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you yank out your center seat/console you could fit 2 15's there, but I doubt you would need 2 15's in a standard cab truck unless you like having your ears bleed. It all depends on the depth of the sub. I moved the passenger seat up about 3 inches and took my trays out behind my seat which gave me 12" to play with in depth at the bottom. You can also do anything with the right amount of cash, but if you're set on 2 15's still... you'll need to upgrade that electrical system of yours also.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
How much airspace do you need for your subs? I think you could fit 2 15 inch small box subs behind your seats. If they are subs that need a larger box (1.25 ft3 plus) it would be difficult. Also, how far back do you need the seats to go? Im 6 foot 2 and I have to have mione all the way back but some shorter people have more room back there. if you decide not to use the 15s, then I would look at some high quality 109s in a small sealed box with lots of power. Thats what I had and it sounded great

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah the 15's are too big i did some measuring.

I can find 2 12 inch boxes for a good price then need some subs so ill probably seel the 15's in the box and stuff

[img=500x375]http://myfullsize.com/gallery/files/1/Truck005.jpg[/img]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Before i get to asking you guys some real tenchincal questions about box buidling can anyone tell me if you can fit 15's in a dodge 1500 regular cab, i have to admit there is more space then i thought there.

If its possible i need to start building i have the subs in a bronco now but i need to get them into the dodge and i really dont want to sell them.
Yo

You can put 2 Fifteen's behind the seat with ease Look me up on Instagram I have 215 in a sealed Box behind the seat in my single cab And in the upcoming months I'm adding 6/8 to go with them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts