Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am planning on rebuilding my 1.3 so i can get it ready for the badlands.

i am planning on boring it about 30 over and getting the head ported and polished as well as installing a isky torquer cam and high compression pistons. i was wondering if i am missing anything or if there is something i can do better

thanks for ur time and info

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
You could build a 1.6 and swap in instead. Ditch the 1.3 now while you can.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in the past couple days i have been reading on the zuwharrie website and i have decided to do a 1.6 16v swap instead of rebuilding the 1.3 i currently have. i have hooked up with a guy in PA and he has a engine with a complete uncut wiring harness and the ecm that i need for this swap.

if there are any ideas that u guys have that i will make my build alot easier or leave me with a better sammy plz let me know i am willing to take insight from anybody do to the fact that this is my first build and hopefully not my last.

thanks for your time and insight

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Is it a trail rig or DD? I would try to find a running 2wd tracker near you, the last one I got was crusty but ran great and I picked it up for $200. With the 2WD you can just hook the tracker tranny up to your t case and skip using the adapter kit, not to mention that the tracker tranny's are stronger.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Is it a trail rig or DD? I would try to find a running 2wd tracker near you, the last one I got was crusty but ran great and I picked it up for $200. With the 2WD you can just hook the tracker tranny up to your t case and skip using the adapter kit, not to mention that the tracker trannys are stronger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts