Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished the front end...now I am just waiting on my National Springs. And someone to help me with the trailmaster body lift.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hey Foolish, cool pics, and I noticed the DT BAR just like mine, cool man. If i where anywhere near you, than you could count on my help.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I was thinking about how hard it would be to do the body lift because it is so high up...did you do yours yourself or have a shop install the body lift?

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I did mine after the 3" suspension lift without any problems. Makes it easier in fact since there is more room underneath. I can not see an extra 2" making a difference in difficulty.

·
Registered
704 Posts
You should have no problem installing your own body lift if you installed the suspension lift. Just be sure you have access to a welder for when you modify your shift linkage. I welded the auto tranny linkage and slightly notched the floorpan since I didn't modify the t-case linkage. I think it looks better being closer to the floor. I also installed the body lift after doing the 3" suspension lift.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Nice start, is a 5.5" lift?, because the truck´s look´s pretty high in the front. The lift didn´t came with the rear add-a-leaf or blocks?

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HotChili the rear has a .5" rear add a leaf that was added when I put on the 2.5" lift. This is the 4.5" lift with d45 coils (diesel) my truck is only a V8 (less weight so I think in the end (after settling) I will have anywhere from 5" - 5.25" And I didn't get a lift for the rear yet because I don't like skyjacker's options (I worked it out mathematically) and for the rear springs they are asking around $450. The skyjacker softride springs still utilize the rear block. I went down the street to National Spring in El Cajon, CA and ordered some custom springs that do not utilize the stock block for $500.

·
Registered
118 Posts
hey foolish who made the steering stabilizers you are using. they look like they mount up higher than any other dual setups i've seen. they look like they might be trailmaster from the pic but i cant really tell.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
skyjacker...I mounted them with about 1/2" between the tie rod and the bracket to get them as high up as possible. Here is a closer and more direct pic of the stabilizers.

*the truck is level side - side I am just on a curb (please don't give me crap about it :):)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts