1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

WMS of a Dana 44 Front(Chevy) and a ford 9 inch.

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain/Suspension' started by ChevyZ71, Mar 25, 2004.

1. ChevyZ71

ChevyZ71
    Expand Collapse

Hey, i couldn't find any information on a search i did about this information. Just wandering what the WMS of a Front Chevy Dana 44 and Rear Ford 9 Inch are? I got a friend who wants to put full size axles on his jeep, and this thinking about these two, since he can get them almost free. Thanks.

Tyler

2. Madd Ramm

Madd Ramm
    Expand Collapse

There are lots of Ford 9" Which ones are you wanting to know about?

I can try and get a measurement tomorrow off of a Chevy Dana 44. He does know that the front pumpkin is offset to the passenger side right? Does he have an older Jeep that uses pass. drop pumpkin?

3. K5Chris

K5Chris
    Expand Collapse

it's a CJ-7

4. ChevyZ71

ChevyZ71
    Expand Collapse

No frickin' clue what ford 9 it is, didn't even know there were more than one, I guess i shouldn't be so ignorant. Ill try to find out what kind of ford 9 inch, and yes, he has a '79 CJ-7.

5. Madd Ramm

Madd Ramm
    Expand Collapse

There aren't types of Ford 9" But depending on the model of vehicle like the old cars, the pickup trucks or the broncos, they will have different wheel bolt patterns, different WMS, etc.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5
    Expand Collapse

The D44 Chev will be 67.5 if it's 6 lug and 69.5 if it's 8 lug. FWIW Chev rears (SRW) were 65" in 6 lug and 67" in 8 lug.

Rene

7. K5Chris

K5Chris
    Expand Collapse

is it the spindle/hubs that cause it to be wider? aren't housings the same?

8. blt4rox

blt4rox
    Expand Collapse

No, it's the brake rotors themselves. The shafts are interchangeable. The rotors are spaced out 1" more on each side. Whoever posted 67.5" for 1/2 tons and 69.5" for 3/4 T was right on target.

Most truck Ford 9" rears are 65" but as mentioned earlier, they vary alot depending on what they came out of.

Sean