Whiplash Suspension

Discussion in 'Chevy/GMC 4x4' started by DixieDodge, Apr 5, 2002.

1. DixieDodge

DixieDodge
    Expand Collapse

Well, on my new truck i was hoping to have the 10" System installed on a Silverado 1500, i have heard good and bad things, im stuck in the middle, has anyone had any first hand experiece with the lifts, the kits look really nice, but i have no idea, thanks again.

2. joe

joe
    Expand Collapse

I have had no personal experience with the company but i have heard nothing but very bad things not only about the quality of thier parts and thier lift methods, but also some legal issues with the company its self. Of course, like i said i have no experience with them so i am not really sure but i basically heard nothing but stay away from them.

3. White Z

White Z
    Expand Collapse

im in the same boat as joe. heard nothing but bad things and would encourage everyone i talk to to stay away from their kits. it would only tear up your truck. just do a 6" suspension and 3" body and youll be pretty much at the same height as that whiplash kit. ya the trucks do look good and all but thats all they are good for, looks

4. Sniper

Sniper
    Expand Collapse

Whiplash is toast. They've even taken their web site off line and are all but in jail from what I've heard, but all is not lost. Hill 4wheel Drive is the place to go, they have a 9.5 inch lift that is ballsey. Go to http://www.hill4wheeldrive.com and nose around a bit...I think you'll like what you find.

Sniper

5. White Z

White Z
    Expand Collapse

actually sniper i just found their site the other day. they are still up and running and making $hitty lift kits for people who like to tear up the trucks.

6. Outlaw Ram

Outlaw Ram
    Expand Collapse

For that paticular lift they use a drop down cradle for the front differential and use 5" blocks in the rear. You can probably notice that nobody on this forum has anything good to say about whiplash and its for good reason.

7. Biginuf

Biginuf
    Expand Collapse

From everything Ive learned about whiplash, you should change the topic from "Whiplash Suspension" to "Whiplash Suspension Sucks" 5" block......killer. lol

8. 98sub454

98sub454
    Expand Collapse

I was interested in that 9.5" kit that hill 4 wheel drive has as well, Its actually made by full throttle suspension. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about it. The only info i can find is at hill 4wd, and at full throttle itself.

9. White Z

White Z
    Expand Collapse

their is a shop around here (houston TX) that does a lot of full throttle suspension lifts and he likes em a lot. ive asked him about a big lift like that with 39s and said it wouldnt tear up as long as you take care of it. which to me means get ready to buy parts every now and again

10. TommyBoy

TommyBoy
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure that Full Throttle suspension is the sister company to Whiplash suspension, so I would assume their products are the same...

11. White Z

White Z
    Expand Collapse

i dont think the 2 companies are connected in any way. another lift you might want to check out is california super trucks. the kits are expensive though

12. 98sub454

98sub454
    Expand Collapse

Whiplash and Full Throttle are not connected in any way. And i think that the Full Throttle kit looks like a real lift, similar to rancho and all those other lifts compared to the whiplash kit that looks cheap to me. But thats just my opinion. If you do get the whiplash kit, make sure that you buy the system and not the kit so that you get the new rear springs and dont run huge blocks.

13. White Z

White Z
    Expand Collapse

what size tires are you looking to run anyways??

14. BigCountry

BigCountry
    Expand Collapse

check out these lifts if you want 10" of suspension lift(they carry a lifetime warrantee).<!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://www.cognitomotorsports.com/" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End --> I also feel that Full throttle makes a sturdy looking lift. The only guy I have ever talked to that has a whiplash kit (resides over at <!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://www.fullsizechevy.com/index.shtml" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End --> has an 8" on an 88-98 body chevy and loves it. He runs a BL and 38 or 39" Fun Country's

1999 GMC Sierra SLT 6" Superlift 16.5x9.75x16.5 589's 35x12.50 BFG KM's

15. The Beast

The Beast
    Expand Collapse

-ahem- not to be a big party pooper, but Full Throttle suspensions and Whiplash are related, Full Throttle is a spin off of Whiplash. It all happened around the same time as when Whiplash started getting hit with lawsuits about insurance fraud. When that happened, Full Throttle came into existence, almost overnight. If you plan on using your truck for any kind of offroading, I would suggest keeping it around a 6" suspension and 3" body, the IFS just can't handle anything else larger, especially on the 1/2 ton. Or, save your money wasted on a tall lift, and do a Solid Front Axle conversion, now THAT would be a cool thing to do, and it costs about the same as a 6" suspension lift...Every Chevy I have seen that is newer with a SFA (and it is RARE) I have just about wrecked trying to crane neck my way at staring at the rig to see how it was engineered, more like a work of art! :wink:

Steve

'00 1500 QC 4x4 Black Sport 5.9l Rhinolining, 3" Perf. Acc. Body lift, 5" Skyjacker Class II Single Flex lift, 16-35/15 Boggers on ARE 767 15x10's, 4.56's stuffed in the axles, Powertraxx Locker

[​IMG]

<!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.lockitupoffroad.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->

16. BigCountry

BigCountry
    Expand Collapse

You could very well be right, but have you looked at the two suspension components to compare? They aren't even similar in appearance or design. If Whiplash just whipped out Full Throttle, they have one hell of an engineering group that designed it so quickly, because there is no way it's the same kit. JMO

17. 98sub454

98sub454
    Expand Collapse

If you look at the two kits it is very obvious that the kits are not the same. Also the Full Throttle kit looks much much better than the whiplash lift.

Also does anybody have anymore information on the Cognito lift? Like $$ or any more info because the site is not very informative. I have seen the older body style truck on that site drivin around and in pismo and it looks great.

18. BigCountry

BigCountry
    Expand Collapse

A member of fullsizechevy.com named orangeblazer is the owner of the co. He has said that the kits start at about $2700.

BTW-This is the guy w/ the Whiplash 8" kit<!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://home.attbi.com/~blazer4x4/index.html" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End -->