1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

What is copper going for $/lb these days?

Discussion in 'The Brothel' started by Mikeg1005, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Mikeg1005

Mikeg1005
    Expand Collapse

Whats the market value been lately? I have a whole bunch of scrap I want to get rid of. I heard it was high.. like 1.30 /lb.

MIke.

2. scoot

scoot
    Expand Collapse

Call the scrap yard lol

3. BR

BR
    Expand Collapse

i was offered a buck a pound and he was picking it up. not sure what they're paying if you bring it in.

4. whiteram4x

whiteram4x
    Expand Collapse

I don't know about price per pound but, copper tubing at my familys hardware store just keeps going up. It has probably doubled in the past few months.

5. Madd Ramm

Madd Ramm
    Expand Collapse

Copper is in high demand because it is used in construction both here and throughout the world, plus in everyday appliances, cars, wiring, computers, motherboard thingys....just about everythying.

It and Aluminum go for pretty good prices. At the salvage/metal recyclers, its $1.30 per/lb near me for clean copper. I forget what it is for dirty. Aluminum is $.38 per pound clean or $.22 per pound dirty (paint, steel bolts, plastic on it).

I have been needing some extra cash, so I helped a guy clear some property he has that people have been using as an illegal dumpsite. I used a utility trailer and collected quite a few thousand pounds of bau-met (scrap steel). I have made $222.97 in the past couple weeks........thats at $3.25 per 100 pounds...so like over 6,000 lbs. It ain't worth a lot for the steel....but it was mostly easy work since it was all together and I didn't have to travel out of my way to pick it up.

Then yesterday, I took a about 40lbs of insulated wire (bad jumper cables, wires from houshold appliances and a/c units and washer/dryers) at $.22 and made $8 and then sould 300 pounds of dirty aluminum for like $66. So thats $296.97 I have made in the past couple of weeks working for a few days only a couple hours at a time. It helped me buy some books I have been wanting to read and also some new shoes, etc. :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

I have noticed some other illegal dumpsites with just tons and tons of scrap metal and I figured it would be worth it to contact the owners just to see if they would let me clean up their property for "free" if I keep the scrap. Plus, its like a mile from the recyclers, so super easy on the gas and time. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

6. Mikeg1005

Mikeg1005
    Expand Collapse

At the moment I have about 110 lbs of pure clean copper in my basement I'm getting more slowly. These should be good. Help pay for my future locker.

MIke.

7. buckshot83

buckshot83
    Expand Collapse

i dropped off 365 lbs the other week and got 531 for it

8. 74 chev

74 chev
    Expand Collapse

i got a $1.10 a pound for some about two months ago.

9. Stroker81

Stroker81
    Expand Collapse

I got a 1.59 for burnt copper. I had 396 pounds of it. I think the clean copper was going for 1.72 or so here in indiana. That was the last week of december.

10. Patent Pending

Patent Pending
    Expand Collapse

Last summer we got $1.50/lb for clean copper. I know that isn't that recent, but it should still be close to that I'd imagine.

11. chicnbronco

chicnbronco
    Expand Collapse

Aluminum around here is 0.50 per pound.

I like your thinking on what to spend your earnings on :smash:

12. Madd Ramm

Madd Ramm
    Expand Collapse

Seriously, my tennis/everyday shoes had seperated fromt the soles and my feet were always wet what with the crummy weather here in VA. And my work boots were old and smelled and had mold growing on the top of them....terrible! It feels nice to have some new shoes on the feet....when your feet are happy, you are happy. :bigthumb:

13. chicnbronco

chicnbronco
    Expand Collapse

:withstupid: mmhhmmm

14. slowpoke

slowpoke
    Expand Collapse

15. chicnbronco

chicnbronco
    Expand Collapse

I see that. :poke: