1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

tube doors for 88-98 body style chevy??

Discussion in 'Chevy/GMC 4x4' started by BanginJahBongos, Apr 16, 2003.

1. BanginJahBongos

BanginJahBongos
    Expand Collapse

do they exist?? :dunno: i kinda wanted to put some on for the summer or something if they do heh heh :silly:

2. BigXBear

BigXBear
    Expand Collapse

hmm i know off road designs makes some for SFA blazers urs is a 92 soo im sure u can find some there http://www.Offraoddesign.com 92s are close enough to 91 imsure nto too much changed hehe

3. BanginJahBongos

BanginJahBongos
    Expand Collapse

uh, nah dude, 92 is a dramatic change from the old k5, mine is exactly like yours 92-94

4. James_R

James_R
    Expand Collapse

Well, you have to think about this, wires in the doors??

Umm speakers, windows, locks, mirrors....

It just doesn't make sence to put tube doors on our truck. I'd thought about it a few times then thought myself out of the :idea: cause off all the fawkin wires :smhair:

5. The ELIMINATOR

The ELIMINATOR
    Expand Collapse

Im making some tube doors for my blazer, its a 77 though, i could send ya the plans if ya want. About the wiring couldnt ya disconnect it and run the tube doors, then reconnect it when ya put on the reg. doors?I dunno about the wiring on new blazerscause mines all manual :bigthumb:

6. White Z

White Z
    Expand Collapse

if you REALLY wanted to do the tube doors you could always rewire all the switches like power locks and windows to the console and then just relocate the speakers wherever. then tube doors would work

7. James_R

James_R
    Expand Collapse

IMHO, tube doors on daily driven non Wrangler trucks just doesn't make sence.

Yes it's doable but it's gonna be a sever PITA!

8. muddpuppy

muddpuppy
    Expand Collapse

tube doors will work. relocate the wires or tie them up under the dash until u put the real doors back on. either way tube doors are sweet! :bigthumb:

let chevythunder finish his and he will post pics. they will be sweet when he is done. :drool: