1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

toyota body to chevy 1/2 ton frame

Discussion in 'Toyota 4x4' started by splinter, Apr 10, 2005.

1. splinter

splinter
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking about doing a sas on my 89 toyota and a v8 swap also but then got a idea after i talked to oager about his yellow toyota and found out it was a 92 yota on a chevy 1/2 ton frame. how hard would it b to put my 89 yota on a 1/2 chevy frame with soild axles, either a 87 or later truck or 91 or later burban/blazer. what would i have to do to make it work? it would it b easier and less expensive then to do everything to the yota?

2. Burglar

Burglar
    Expand Collapse

chevy frames are complete crap. LOTS of frame flex. Not as strong as a yota frame.

Plus, I doubt it will be any less work as there is a good chance you will have to move the chevy engine/trans/tc to fit on the yota body.

3. greg@lockitup

greg@lockitup
    Expand Collapse

yep, chevy frame's aren't fully boxed..Not worth messing with..

4. Lifted78Chevy

Lifted78Chevy
    Expand Collapse

I woulden't say total crap...i mean if he has the frame down to the point of no body woulden't be hard to box sections of it in and cross brace it a lil bit to nake it more rigid.....plus the lift's for them old chevy frames are really cheap....cheapest on the marker i know that much.... :bigthumb:

5. Burglar

Burglar
    Expand Collapse

My first 4" lift cost me $100 on my yota. Its the same price as a chevy.

6. captain america

captain america
    Expand Collapse

i just got a quote from les schwab (local tire store) 85 4runner 4inch lift with shocks springs ect... $650-$675 includes labor does that sound right?

7. Burglar

Burglar
    Expand Collapse

About right.

I sold my old 3" lift for $35.