1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

strapping down 4-wheeler in bed of truck

Discussion in 'Bikes and ATVs' started by Robert97dodge, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Robert97dodge

Robert97dodge
    Expand Collapse

When I put my 4-wheeler in the back of my truck i have to leave the tailgate down so i have to strap i both ways to make sure it doesnt roll forward or backwards. Where do ya'll hook your straps on the bed?

2. mopar

mopar
    Expand Collapse

where they were designed to be hooked :poke: plus i added a mount on my tool box

3. Robert97dodge

Robert97dodge
    Expand Collapse

My traps do not really hook to the bed anywhere at the front very good. THere are the two hooks at the back on the inside but the one that are on the floor of the bed I cant hook a strap in it.

4. mopar

mopar
    Expand Collapse

the ones that are down low on the bed sides dont work for you i can get straps tooked to mine and i got a bed liner in the way

5. Otis

Otis
    Expand Collapse

I put an eye bolt on each side(pass and driver) in the front of the bed(where the roll bar used to mount up), and use a tie down from the eye bolt to the foot peg. For a little added security you can put a 3rd tie down in the rear. I used hole saw to cut a hole in my bed liner to access those "loops". driver side loop, through the rear grab bar, passenger side loop, and snug the rear end down... :bigthumb:

I usually do that for long trips.... short trips i just put a tie down from the foot peg to the square holes in the bed rails.

Another option is to air down or remove the rear tires so you can close the tail gate....

What kinda quad do you have that you cant close the gate btw??????

6. RamAford

RamAford
    Expand Collapse

Doesnt your truck have stake pockets in the front? i use those and then the little ones in the front on the floor. i just attached a piece of chain to mine and attached it with a big hook. it works great and i can even strap it down easier.

7. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500
    Expand Collapse

I have two hooks on my toolbox and two cleats in the rear of the bed, so I hook the straps opposite (back of the quad to the toolbox, front of the quad to the cleats). I have to leave my tailgate down also or else air down my rear tires in order for the tailgate to close. You should mount those spring loaded tie down points to the bed rails of your truck for strap points.

8. Robert97dodge

Robert97dodge
    Expand Collapse

I have a Arctic Cat 500 4x4. The thing is huge. I love it. I dont really ride it that much though anymore so I am thinking about selling it. The straps that i was using would not hook to the hook on the floor or the or the hole at the top of the bed.

9. jroutlaw0803

jroutlaw0803
    Expand Collapse

i dunno my super duty has hooks already at the bottom in the front and rear on the bed sides i just hook to those :sorry: my 91 dodge i just put eye bolts thru the top rails and bolted those down and attached to those,, :bigthumb:

10. DeerHunter

DeerHunter
    Expand Collapse

my toolbox sits on top of my front two factory places....i used some 3/8" flat stock with a nut welded on the bottom and slid it in through the front stake pockets then threaded in an eye bolt.....works good.....use the factory rear strap points

11. Bayou Billy

Bayou Billy
    Expand Collapse

I just strap mine from the footpegs to the front hooks on both sides of the bed.

12. Stroker81

Stroker81
    Expand Collapse

:withstupid: I just strap mine on the pegs to the front of the bed on my superduty where the hooks are made to go.

13. greenhornet1986

greenhornet1986
    Expand Collapse

I drilled and put eye bolts in the side of my toolbox, and secure my four-wheeler there and with the rear hooks from the factory. I don't have any problems. Some of my friends drive everywhere with there 4-wheeler in the back of their truck(women love them) and just use a ratchet strap in the rear of the bed, and tighten her on down, and one of my friends has a net type rope he uses, and it goes over the rear tires, he has it for a racing 4wheeler, i'm sure you could fit one on yours