stock Ram speaker sizes

Discussion in 'Dodge 4x4' started by myk, Jan 31, 2004.

1. myk

myk
    Expand Collapse

I searched already, and cant find what the stock speaker sizes are for an 01 Ram? If you wanted to change the ones in the front doors and the quad doors you have to completely remove the door panels, right?

2. FBOMB

FBOMB
    Expand Collapse

They are 6x9's in the doors and 5.25" in the rear lower corners of cab.

3. ALLAXCS

ALLAXCS
    Expand Collapse

4. Robert97dodge

Robert97dodge
    Expand Collapse

You can also go to crutchfield.com and find all of the specs on any vehicle.

5. GotSmoke

GotSmoke
    Expand Collapse

correct! :withstupid: The front doors are 6x9's, but make sure when you buy new ones to make sure they're a flush mount speaker. There isn't much room behind the speaker grill in our doors.

6. myram

myram
    Expand Collapse

Crutchfield talked me into putting 5.25's in the front and rear doors. There are not too many 6x9's shallow enough to fit in the front doors. More of a selection in the 5.25 sizes for depth. Polks in the front and Cerwin Vegas in the rear.

7. ChinookFE

ChinookFE
    Expand Collapse

I got Pioneer 6X9's in the door that fit good and Clarion 6 1/2's in the back...they fit fine in the factory holes.

8. myk

myk
    Expand Collapse

I went back and read this after checking crutchfield and they say 6x9 front and 6.5" rear on a 2001 quad cab. Most of you guys are saying 5.25" rear speakers. :eyecrazy: ???? Which is it?

Also does anybody know the actual available mounting depth available for the front and rear speakers in a 2001 quad cab?