RE-Jetting 1406 Edelbrock, Question

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain/Suspension' started by Sasquatch316, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Sasquatch316

Sasquatch316
    Expand Collapse

Just got a 1406 edelbrock carb for my blazer, mostly stock 350, 2 plane aluminum intake and high volume oil pump about only mods. Hooked to a TH350 with a stage 2 shift kit. Slapped the carb on and it runs like {expletive}. Tore it apart to re-jet it, I'm @ 8,000 ft where I'm living, was planning on .092 primary jets, edelbrock number 1425, 068x042 metering rods # 1446, and .086 secondary jets # 1423. Anyone got some experience with these carbs at high altitude and could give me some advice on this? Just basing my numbers and all off of a friend's setup on his ramcharger...

And just to complain, when i tore the carb apart, one of the metering rods had 2 springs stacked under it, and the checkball for the accel pump was seized in it's bore... Just was a little disgusted at the quality of this new carb right out of the box... Oh well :twak:

2. Mr Joe

Mr Joe
    Expand Collapse

I would have exchanged it...

If nobody posts it, I'll post the tuning manual when I get home. They are simple to tune. Great road carbs, but requires many mods to run off-camber. Trust me... :roll:

:baby:

3. Mr Joe

Mr Joe
    Expand Collapse

I found it. This is a good source of info for that carb

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/eps_intro.html

:baby:

4. Sasquatch316

Sasquatch316
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the replies, wound up jetting it and all before your 2nd post, went with 95's on the primaries and 92's on the secondaries, with 73x42 metering rods, and this thing runs better than it ever did. I'll just have to see how she does off road, didn't go with the spring loaded needles and seats for it yet, but that's easy enough to put in whenever I want. Will definately check out the site though, thanks :bigthumb: