1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

plowing with a lifted truck

Discussion in 'Dodge 4x4' started by BadA$$Ram, Feb 19, 2006.

1. BadA$$Ram

BadA$$Ram
    Expand Collapse

What needs to be done to plow with a lifted truck such as mine with a 6" lift i have an 03 ram 3500 srw cummins with a fisher minute mount havent tried plowin since i put the lift on, will it even work?

2. BadA$$Ram

BadA$$Ram
    Expand Collapse

3. mopar

mopar
    Expand Collapse

i would be willing to bet that you coud rig something up to make it work.

but i hate to say it, you should have thought about that before you lifted it

4. cummins freak

cummins freak
    Expand Collapse

look at the under carrage for the plow there should be adjustments to lower it down then you should be fine but if there is not just sell the fisher and get a western i know they can be adjusted for lifts

5. halo 216

halo 216
    Expand Collapse

My buddy plows with his gmc he just uses stock tires for plowing. He has a 8 inch suspension? ANd body lift but that dosen't matter with the plow mount. I know the guy before him had a mount made for it to be lower but i am not sure if he is still using that same under carrage or not.

6. BadA$$Ram

BadA$$Ram
    Expand Collapse

thanks guys i'm gonna test fit it tommorow since theyre is no snow so far in the 10 day forecast for the area, i'm thinkin\hopin i'll only need to lengthen my chains.

7. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811
    Expand Collapse

BadAss, there shouldn't be a problem with plowing so long as you lenghten your lift chain and place your A-Fraim on the top holes where it connects to the push beam. May also want to think about plowing with closer to stock tires depending on what you are runing now. My old 88 Blazer did fine with 4" suspention lift and 33's on it and both my 97 CTD and 99 Quad Cab plow great, although they're stock height with 285/75/16 on them. :bigthumb:

8. killed300ex

killed300ex
    Expand Collapse

it should work but your angles might be off. Go over to http://www.plowsite.com and do a search the topic has been covered 100's of times.

9. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500
    Expand Collapse

You should PM SuperSwamper on this board. He kept the plow on his '05 and it has I believe a 6' lift and 37's.

10. superswamper

superswamper
    Expand Collapse

Plowing will be a problem, your angleing pistons should be close to level, parallel off the ground, if they are way off then when your blade is at full angle just your outer part of the push blade will touch the ground and it will wear your cutting edge crooked. I have a western plow which is adjustable as mentioned earlier but I still had to modify my mounting ears for the best angle.

Your best bet is to have your ears on your plow modified to lower the push blade and leave the upper part where it is, if i'm thinking right since I don't have a fisher but did see one done before a while back. The fisher plow great but are too heavy and they hit hard on manhole covers etc...

11. jeepflexitude

jeepflexitude
    Expand Collapse

I installed plows ALL winter, Fishers, Westerns, and Hinikers.

Since you put that big of a lift on it, you will need to adjust the "A-frame". If you have the newer style plows, its pretty simple.

There are 4 bolts (2 5/8" and 2 3/4") on the A-frame that you have to loosen, and then slide the slotted plates on the 3/4" bolts to lower the rear of the A-frame. If you have that lowered as low as it will go, and the cutting edges still arent touching in all places...then you will have to adjust it at the back of the A-frame where there are 3 holes, you will have move it down so its on the top hole.

Also there is another way to adjust it, but youll have to take it mostly apart to do that.

But try to adjust it with the 4 bolts (2 on each side) in the A-frame and sliding the plates. If that still dont work adjust it in the 3 holes. Its hard to explain, and i dont thing we have any more of them plows at work to take pics of the stuff.