1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

parts cleaner fluid

Discussion in 'Newbie Tech' started by muddinmachine, Jan 16, 2007.

1. muddinmachine

muddinmachine
    Expand Collapse

For christmas my wife bought me a 20 gallon parts washer. it didnt come with the fluid, so I did some searching around for what the stores offer. At tractor supply they offer a 5 gallon pail of PSC 1000 parts cleaner solvent for $35. At the Harbor Frieght store, they recommended a 1 gallon bottle of Super heavy duty degreaser for $10 that makes up to 200 gallons of general cleaner.

Not to sure which one to use? Is one better than the other?

2. Matty

Matty
    Expand Collapse

The stuff from harbor freight sucks, we tried it in ours and it wouldn't cut anything.

I got some stuff from napa that was around $40 a bucket and it works great.

3. muddinmachine

muddinmachine
    Expand Collapse

so what do you think of the stuff from tractor supply??? thinking I might just go with that

4. Deuce

Deuce
    Expand Collapse

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you fellas do to require that much cleaner! I'm amazed to use more than one gallon in a year or so. Obviously you're doing more than I, but 200 gallons is a lot. What are you working on?

5. muddinmachine

muddinmachine
    Expand Collapse

no on the 1 gallon bottle of cleaner from harbor freight, it states that if mixed properly, it will make 200 gallons of general cleaner. That is why I was wondering if it was at all worth the money to try it and see if it cleans worth a crap

6. Matty

Matty
    Expand Collapse

We got so fed up with the harbor freight stuff that we ran it STRAIGHT and it still was worthless. I honestly have no experiance with the stuff from TSC

7. steved

steved
    Expand Collapse

Look to see if it is a "solvent" like mineral spirits or Stoddard Solvent...those work the best...

I have also used diesel fuel...as long as you have a heat activated lid (in case of a fire), it is really no different than Stoddard Solvent saturated with grease/oil.

I am going to fill ours with diesel as the Harbor Freight stuff S-U-C-K-S!!!!!

steved

8. muddinmachine

muddinmachine
    Expand Collapse

ok guess it is a strong vote to get rid of the harbor freight stuff...so I will take your advice and go with the stuff form Tractor Supply. Thanks