1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

p1740 code.. need help

Discussion in 'Dodge 4x4' started by B&S Bedliners and accessories, Oct 18, 2003.

1. B&S Bedliners and accessories

I have a 2000 ram 4x4 off road. Check engine light came on. stopped by advanced auto and they said it was showing a code P1740. it said on the scan machine that it was a manufactures body fault?? What is this code. thanks

2. ToddT

ToddT
    Expand Collapse

Well, I have a book with about 4 pages of codes and there is not one that matches to yours. Sorry...

3. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog
    Expand Collapse

Here's what I can find...

P1740 Chrysler TCC solenoid or overdrive solenoid performance

TCC = Torque Converter Clutch. Tranny been acting funny?

4. B&S Bedliners and accessories

no trans troubles. its been fine. I unhooked ground cable for a couple minutes. Light hasnt came back on.

5. TUNIS

TUNIS
    Expand Collapse

the only thing i could find on that code was for a dakota. would the trouble codes be the same? here's what i found:

Service Bulletin Number: 211100

Bulletin Sequence Number: 146

Date of Bulletin: 0010

NHTSA Item Number: SB614660

Make: DODGE TRUCK

Model: DAKOTA

Year: 2000

Component: INTERIOR SYSTEMS:INSTRUMENT PANEL:GAUGE:INDICATOR

Summary: SOME CUSTOMERS MAY COMPLAIN OF A MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP ILLUMINATION DUE TO DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE P1740 - TCC OR OD SOLENOID PERFORMANCE. *TT

and also this:

32,354 miles-- I started to have problems with the vehicle shifting into third gear. They checked the fluid and found it full. They suspected the high reverse seals were bad. The transmission was removed for inspection and found that the clutches were burnt and the seals were hard. They replaced the clutches and seals, back flushed, reassembled and road tested the vehicle.

32,354 miles-- The check engine light had come on. They checked and found code P1740. The Torque converter code. They removed the transmission and found fine metal throughout. Torque converter came apart inside the vehicle. The input shaft was scored where it rides in the pump from the metal. They replaced the input shaft, torque converter, pump, clutches and seals.

http://www.carsurvey.org/review_32848.html