1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

Offroad Bumpers For 97-04 Dakota's

Discussion in 'Body, Bumper, Cage and Flatbed Fab' started by TheDakotaMetalMan, Apr 19, 2010.

1. TheDakotaMetalMan

TheDakotaMetalMan
    Expand Collapse

Just wondering if there is an interest for Canadian residents for an off road bumper. The bumpers I am building fit Dakotas which have the frame and body style from 97-2004.

If your interested in what the design looks like, please check it out http://4wheelin.ca/index.php?topic=10.0

This is a hobby a friend of mine and I came up with. Being a fabricator / welder by trade, Im interested in seeing if people are interested? When I get more pictures, I will post them here.

2. PowerWagon86

PowerWagon86
    Expand Collapse

Really nice Dakota bumper, It looks like it came from a big company that builds them. What do you guys do build them in your garage for an extra job? But very nice build! :bigthumb: Only thing is, I don't own a Dakota.

3. NWKANSAS

NWKANSAS
    Expand Collapse

:withstupid:

4. Archer

Archer
    Expand Collapse

SO let me get this straight, you come on this site, ask a question about the correct measurements for a Dakota bumper, then you post that your going to build and sell Dakota bumpers to members of this site and then you show a pic of someone else' bumper and say your going to build it like that. Uh, yeah....

BTW, if your gonna try and rip someone else' design off and sell them on here you need a Vendor membership first... :roll:

5. TheDakotaMetalMan

TheDakotaMetalMan
    Expand Collapse

First off, I haven't ripped off anyone's design. I have been designing this bumper for over 3 months with a friend. The design on here was totally different and was for a ram. I am trying to make some extra money so I can put it towards getting married. I didnt even see his bumper style and I hadent even heard of this site when I was designing the bumper.

Also I am not a company or a vendor. Im asking if there was any interest in the style of bumper. Anyone can design there own bumper and try to sell it to make some extra cash.

6. PMS_Percy

PMS_Percy
    Expand Collapse

3 Months is a long time.. lol Ya its hard to design bumpers that people will like without designing your stuff to much like the big guys.. just be cautious.. add some flare or something to make it different. Good luck man with your work