1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

O2 Simulators for Chevy/GMC?

Discussion in 'Chevy/GMC 4x4' started by Olbluesilverado, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Olbluesilverado

Olbluesilverado
    Expand Collapse

Here's what’s going on. Both of my O2 sensors on my '96 Sierra have finally gone bad (they are throwing codes). I'd like to find a pair of MIL eliminators/O2 simulators because I plan on doing headers and an offroad Y on it in the near future, so I'd need the MIL eliminators for the future anyway. The only problem I am encountering is I can only seem to find them for Ford vehicles like this http://www.americanmuscle.com/stmilel.html . Is there a reason why I can't find them for OBDII GM trucks?

2. outalne94z71

outalne94z71
    Expand Collapse

good question, maybe they don't work with gm obdII :dunno:

3. Olbluesilverado

Olbluesilverado
    Expand Collapse

I don't know what to do here Ken. I know I can send my computer out to PCM's 4 Less but I feel like that is a waste of money since the only thing I would really need them to do would be enter a false reading for my O2's. If it all boils down to that being my last option I will for sure have them do more tricks than that. Money is tight, so I'd really just like to find some GM O2 simulators. I guess back to Google searching for now.[hr]

I think I might have just hit pay dirt. http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/o2sim.html Looks like I just need to see what style connector I have. Now, I believe my truck has 4 O2 sensors (correct me if I'm wrong, it’s been a while since I've looked closely), so wouldn't I just need the two downstream sensors after the cats to prevent the MIL from illuminating?

4. does it matter

does it matter
    Expand Collapse

get yourself a couple of spark plug non-foulers for the rear O2s.
    jamb a little of steel wool in one, screw it in the bung, drill the hole in the second big enough so the tip of the sensor fits thru, screw that into the other non-fouler, reinstall the sensor and all should be hunky dorry.

this technique is used on long tube header application on the Chargers, 300, Magnum, and Challengers, so there is no reason why it shouldnt work on others.

5. RamAford

RamAford
    Expand Collapse

I dont know about your particular O2 sensor, when i had my old gas truck i got all my stuff through casper electronics online. Maybe they have something that would work.

6. does it matter

does it matter
    Expand Collapse

yeah, Casper was shut down by the Feds. they still make stuff, just not the O2 sims.

http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resources/cases/civil/caa/casper.html