1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

New Cottonmouth record??

Discussion in 'The Brothel' started by MossyOakGlock9, Jun 11, 2006.

1. MossyOakGlock9

MossyOakGlock9
    Expand Collapse

[img=389x391]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/Cheezeit9/snake.jpg[/img]

This Cottonmouth was killed here in Tennessee this past weekend by a turkey hunter. The current national record is 5 1/2 ft and they said that if this picture is real, that the snake might be twice as long. They are trying to figure out if the picture is real and if the snake is indeed as big as it looks. They also might prosecute the hunter since it is illegal in Tennessee to kill any snake, poisonous or not. Thought you guys might like to see this though. Here's the story..

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060608/SPORTS10/606080402/1042

2. djgaston

djgaston
    Expand Collapse

Illegal to kill snakes? Fawk that! :x:

I'm pretty sure that Spawn has set the cottonmouth record though... :rotfl:

3. MUCHADO

MUCHADO
    Expand Collapse

he may smoke alot of pot, BUT....

he keeps his mouth full of protein shakes.... so I don't think he deals with cottonmouth much :idiot: :flipoff:

4. JustRamIt

JustRamIt
    Expand Collapse

Im sorry but if a snake is threatning me.........its definatly gonna see what comes out of my 12 gauge shotgun

5. Boz

Boz
    Expand Collapse

Ive never heard about this whole illegal to kill snakes thing in tennessee but i can tell you right now you arent gonna get in trouble if a snake is threatening you.

6. djgaston

djgaston
    Expand Collapse

Then I would do like they did in South Park a few years ago... the hunting episode. "It's coming right for us!!! BOOM" :rotfl: The only good snake is a dead snake.

7. quality

quality
    Expand Collapse

yes I dont care for snakes either but to kill for no reason is wrong unless he ate it? ... like they say we are intruding on them in the wild not them on us.....but thats just my opinion.flame me if you wish.

8. GeoffSFAs10

GeoffSFAs10
    Expand Collapse

yeah its illegal to kill snakes here in MO too.

9. MossyOakGlock9

MossyOakGlock9
    Expand Collapse

Yea, I didnt know it was illegal either, atleast thats what the article about possible prosecution said. I probably would have shot it if I had come across that, especially because of the size, something smaller I would have probably just thrown some sticks and rocks at it to get it to move.

As far as a snake threatening you, the article said that as a rule snakes are not aggresive and snake bites are rare, unless you happen to step on it in grass or are just tormenting it.

10. 8=D

8=D
    Expand Collapse

:withstupid: ive lost count on how many ive killed. the biggest so far was a 6 1/2 foot rattle snake, that was a fun night, ran out of bullets.

11. JeepnTXJ

JeepnTXJ
    Expand Collapse

About the picture... Looks to me like he's holding it up with a fairly long stick (can't say that I blame him), so he may be holding it alot closer to the camera than he's standing. That would make it appear much larger.

12. AUdakota

AUdakota
    Expand Collapse

Ive killed plenty of snakes in TN, I guess im a fugitive.

13. jroutlaw0803

jroutlaw0803
    Expand Collapse

:shock: theyd have to prosecute me too but there woudnt be much snake left i def woulda emptied the gun on that big a$$ mofo,,,,<<<hates snakes specially ones that could swallow your dog :shoot:

14. djgaston

djgaston
    Expand Collapse

Whoooooooooooops...

15. RamAford

RamAford
    Expand Collapse

:withstupid: that thing needs to be shot!

16. Spawn_X

Spawn_X
    Expand Collapse

don't you have some pirate balls to lick?

:idiot: :flipoff:

17. MossyOakGlock9

MossyOakGlock9
    Expand Collapse

Yea, ive shot plenty of snakes on the land I hunt, it is private but still. I don't want big rattle snakes slithering around where I fish and hunt.

18. Got Smoke?

Got Smoke?
    Expand Collapse

Shotgun hell! :shock: I've got a Springfield 45 with 7+1 of 230 JHP's!! :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: