1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

Need Ford truck bed measurements

Discussion in 'Ford 4x4' started by myk, Oct 4, 2005.

1. myk

myk
    Expand Collapse

I am in the process of designing something to go in the bed of a truck, but I need to get some measurements from a few different trucks new and old. I dont know anything about Fords so I dont know when they had model or body style changes or any of that. Mostly what I need is the bed measurements, and what model, cab type, and year the truck is. Here is what I need: (for f-150, super dutys, and old full size pre 1980)

1) Bed length in inches (not including a flat tailgate)

2) Bed width in inches in front and behind the wheel wells on the floor of the bed not suspended above it

3) bed width between the wheel wells again on the floor of the bed

4) distance from the end (tailgate start) of the bed to the wheel well

5) The heigth to the bottom of the bed rail from the floor in inches

6) the heigth to the bottom of the bed rail in inches from the high point on top of the wheel well

7) year , model, cab type, swb or lwb,

I appreciate anyone who can get these numbers for me. Like I said I would like them from a number of different year models, especially when there were body or model changes or introductions. If anybody knows when there were body style changes or like model introductory years that info would be great also. Anyway Thanks for your help.

2. purdueagford

purdueagford
    Expand Collapse

here's what i got for ya man:

1) 96" total bed length (not including tailgate)

2) 63" in front of wheel well

64" behind wheel well

3) 48 1/2" between wheel wells

4) 28" from tailgate to back of wheel well

60" from tailgate to front of wheel well

5) 17 1/2" from floor to bottom of bed rail

6) 7 1/2" from top of wheel well to bottom of bed rail.

7) The truck is a '96 (last year for that style i think) F-150 4x4 with a 351, regular cab, long bed, long wheel base. I also have a tool box in the bed and it is 24" from front to back. I also have the plastic bedliner still in there.

Hope this helps ya.

3. myk

myk
    Expand Collapse

Thanks alot. I could still use some newer ford measurements and a couple of Ranger measurements if anyone can get them.

4. purdueagford

purdueagford
    Expand Collapse

i can get you short bed ranger measurements, but it'll be for a 96 shortbed. i can't get them until wednesday though, let me know if you want them or not.

5. ctobias

ctobias
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm go to the dealer maybe with a tape measure. :dunno:

6. myk

myk
    Expand Collapse

I dont need just new truck measurements. I need some from as broad a year range and vehicle model as possible. So yes, I would like to get the ranger measurements. I thought about the dealer but that might look a bit weird walking around the lot with atape measure and they tend to arrest you if you do it after hours in the middle of the night.

7. ctobias

ctobias
    Expand Collapse

haha good point...especially if you were dressed in black....

8. Mudd_Slinger

Mudd_Slinger
    Expand Collapse

Im buying a 79 f150 ranger about by the end of this month, its got an 8ft bed, you want those measurments?

9. myk

myk
    Expand Collapse

If you will provide them I will take any measurements I can get. The more the better. Thanks