1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

Military Goodyear OZ - Bidirectional?

Discussion in 'Tires/Wheels' started by wcbcruzer, Dec 25, 2011.

1. wcbcruzer

wcbcruzer
    Expand Collapse

Just wondering if the 37" military Goodyear OZ tires need to be installed to turn a certain direction. Something I want to keep in mind for the next time I rotate my tires.

2. Tango

Tango
    Expand Collapse

No. They will go either way. They are Bidirectional.

FYI most directional tires stamp large 1/2" arrows pointing the direction of spin.

The tread directionial tires will "V" the tread with the "V" pointing the direction of rotation.

3. swirvin21

swirvin21
    Expand Collapse

Conflicting stuff in regards to the military, but per the tire specs and warnings it bi-directional like Tango said.

Wow... 3.54s and 37s :eek::

4. wcbcruzer

wcbcruzer
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply guys.

So that's what I was thinking... This doesn't qualify as a "V" pattern? Although you're right, I didn't see any arrow or marking stating that it should turn one way or another.

[​IMG]

Yeah... I like the low highway rpms. :grin: In the city, I just keep it in a lower gear for longer if I need to get on it.

5. Tango

Tango
    Expand Collapse

That tire pictured there is directional. It turns counter-clock wize. Can tell be the "v" in the tread.

The "V" on the ground points toward the rear of the vehicle.

Most OZ tire are bi-driectional. Those ones are not.

6. Tango

Tango
    Expand Collapse

this is a military oz tire. it is bi-directional.

[​IMG]

7. wcbcruzer

wcbcruzer
    Expand Collapse

Gotcha, good thing I posted the pic. Well for now I threw the rears in the front, and the fronts in the rear all from the same side. Supposed to criss-cross the rear to the front according to the manual. Since we've got a solid front axle, I get feathering on the inner edge of the front tires after several thousand miles. On the next rotation, guess I'll either have to get the tires remounted, or do some burn-outs to "even out" the feathering. :bigthumb:

8. texasdodgeram318

texasdodgeram318
    Expand Collapse

Those aren't directional bias but I would think it may help if you rotated them as if they were. May help the tires last longer, especially if you do a good bit of street driving. Just my .02

9. Cavscout

Cavscout
    Expand Collapse

You can run them either way, they'll be fine. When the mechs put em on our hmmwv's they're facing all different directions, No problems.

10. trev0006

trev0006
    Expand Collapse

Did you ever install the tires? if so how do you like them? Thanks

11. swirvin21

swirvin21
    Expand Collapse

Both of the above military tires suck on the road...they will not balance and run very rough. The newer BFG Bajas and Goodyear MT/Rs are 100x better. However, because the newer ones are soo much better, the older MTs above are cheap cheap cheap....they work in a pinch if you just need something